Posted on Nov. 3, 2017
We are currently seeking a Dispatcher to join our team!
Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for assisting in the management and efficient movement of orders within a central dispatch environment while effectively communicating with others in order to meet the needs of the market area. We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual.
• Answers the phone and takes or alters customer orders and records orders into system.
• Ensures the customer understands all relevant company policies such as will calls, load limits, additional products ordered, extra charges, and our driver’s responsibilities.
• Sells the customer on the most advantageous job start times to maintain a reasonable truck demand.
• Probes customer for any additional information including upcoming orders, and cut-off quantities so there are no surprises.
• Calls the customer if the truck is going to be late to their job, evaluates every possible alternative in order to meet customer needs.
• Schedules orders at the appropriate batch plant and verifies all data is correct for the requested delivery to maximize daily productivity
• Updates the Dispatch software with each order/job received
• Dispatch drivers to job sites
• Monitors the daily delivery schedule, notifies the necessary staff about any deviations or issues with a job
• Updates the status of each job and delivery in the Dispatch Software
• Communicate in an effective manner with all plant and operations personnel to ensure that the assigned shipping area has the proper resources, personnel, and trucks available to provide superior customer service.
Secondary Functions :
• Performs various clerical duties to include filing, completing reports, data entry, etc.
• Maintains paper dispatch records.
• Understand the value of planning and processes and takes a disciplined approach to execution.
• Abides by all company policies and procedures in regards to the handling of drivers and equipment.
• Represent the company as our liaison between customer and operations personnel.
• Minimum of 1 year of prior dispatch experience
• High School diploma, or G.E.D., required
• Basic computer skills using Excel and Word, required
• Strong communication skills with the ability to lead and motivate
Superior Silica Sands is not only a great company to work with, we’re a wonderful company to work for.
We are committed to our employees and their families, providing a wide array of benefits, including:
• Good pay and benefits
• A family-sensitive environment
• A commitment to the highest ethical standards
• Open, honest and direct communications
• A commitment to each other
• A commitment to stringent health and safety measures
• A fun, easy-going culture
• Leadership that is responsive to employees’ needs