Posted on Apr. 17, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
New Horizons Food Services a fine dining restaurant located inside Mallard Cove Senior Living is now hiring for a
Summary: Maintains kitchen work areas and community equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and organization of the food services department and assisting cooks in preparing and presenting meals for the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Manner with Residents
• Addresses resident by name.
• Addresses resident and family members respectfully.
• Accommodates resident within reason.
• Displays exceptional service and customer focus.
Manner with Coworkers
• Addresses coworkers respectfully.
• Assists others without complaint.
• Accepts direction from superiors or other experienced staff.
• Shares job knowledge or resident information with others as needed.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities.
• Able to work as a team to accomplish a task.
• Gives and welcomes feedback.
• Accepts constructive criticism.
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Responsible for the cleanliness of major kitchen equipment and for washing, sanitizing, drying and storing china, glass, silverware, pots, pans, and utensils.
• Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or on a conveyor to dishwashing machine.
• Thoroughly cleans dishwasher after each meal.
• Operates commercial dishwasher and sweeps & mops kitchen floors.
• Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks.
• Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers.
• Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
• Loads or unloads trucks picking up or delivering supplies and food.
• Arrives to work on time.
• Absence and tardiness are minimal.
• Appearance is neat, clean, and according to a dress code.
• Other duties as assigned.
Quality & Safety
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards for the entire Food Services Department according to Atria’s policies and procedures for the community.
• Observes safety and security procedures.
• Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in work performed.
• Influences others in a positive way.
• Often performs “forgotten jobs” without being asked.
• Willingly offers training and support to new or less experienced staff.
• Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
• Offers suggestions for improving work.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Customer Focus – Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deals with service failures and prioritizes customer needs.
• Communication – Able to clearly present information through the spoken word; reads and interprets complex information; talks with residents, family members, and customers; listens well.
• Interaction – Able to communicate with others in a warm and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
• Team Work – Able to work cooperatively with a group of people to achieve goals and objectives.
• Integrity – Able to be tactful; maintains confidences, and fosters an ethical work environment; prevents inappropriate behavior by coworkers; gives proper credit to others; handles all situations honestly.
• Flexibility – Able to keep an open mind and change opinions on the basis of new information; performs a variety tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions effectively from task to task; adapts to varying customer needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education and/or Experience - Less than high school education; or up to one-month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Training - Must successfully complete all Atria specified training programs.
• Language Skills - Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
• Mathematical Skills - Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
• Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
• Other Skills and Abilities - Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation
Apply Today by email, phone or in person