Posted on Oct. 11, 2016
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel is seeking a Director of National Accounts for the Midwest Region to join our team. Built in 1928 to resemble a Mediterranean-style castle, and known as Florida's "Pink Palace", the Loews Don CeSar has been revitalized and refreshed within ensuring a future as rich and storied as its history. Sugar-sand beaches, Spa Oceana, poolside and beach activities, Camp CeSar for kids and Four Diamond dining await visitors who return season after season. The Best Has Gotten Even Better!
We seek genuine individuals; people who are able to engage and delight our guests. We invest in training and development opportunities for all Team Members so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all Team Members to reach their potential as professionals. We promote social responsibility by being a good neighbor in the communities in which we reside. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
Our mission is to safeguard the integrity of the recruitment and selection process, by continually improving standards, to prompt one defining characteristic: the willingness and commitment to offer comfort, care and everything we have in us to all who come through our doors all so our guests can relax, explore and flourish.
The Director of National Accounts will work closely with all hotel departments, but particularly with the Conference & Catering and Food & Beverage Department to ensure we provide a diligent yet charismatic overall impression of service to all guests to ensure we provide a great experience.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
This position is responsible for account management for a specific geographic region focusing on corporate and/or association accounts. A few administrative duties are assigned to this position, but a coordinator will be available for specific assignments. The position maintains a booking goal of at least 20% of the sales team booking goal for the year. The position is one of the four largest revenue producers on the team. The position requires sales mission travel approximately 25% on an annual basis. The position is self-motivated and reflects the vision and style of Loews Hotels and Resorts:
* Reports to Director of Sales and the Director of Sales and Marketing
* Identify sources of group business to the hotel and establish solicitation programs to maximize sales for a specific region and certain vertical markets.
* Be responsible for and implement a sales action plan to develop designated market segments.
* Develop active communications and close rapport with Loews Sales Organization, local CVB staff,third parties sourcing companies, hotel representation firms and other sources of sales information and support.
* Administer outbound sales programs to deliver qualified leads to other Loews Hotels.
* Achieve personal sales goals as designated by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
* Execute sales trips and attend trade shows beneficial to designated market segments as specified in the annual commercial plan.
* Participate in key industry events and organizations that bring national and local exposure.
* Provide reports of activities as requested by Director of Sales and the Director of Sales and Marketing
* Decisiveness and strategic thinking are highly desired attributes
* Agility in multitasking
* Ability to make decisions on imperfect information
* Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Other Job Requirements:
* College degree preferred
* Must have 7-10 years hospitality sales experience, with at least 5 years of experience in the national market. Experience in hotel/resort sales is highly recommended.
* Excellent communication skills - oral and written
* Excellent networking, negotiation and presentation skills required.
* Able to work flexible hours to include client entertainment and national travel to client events and industry trade shows
* Must be a skilled leader, have strong organizational skills, and have thorough knowledge and understanding of hotel operations.
Must be actively involved in key industry organizations and seen as a leader for the hotel.