at Terumo BCT
Posted on Sep. 6, 2017
STATE: Colorado (US-CO)
COUNTRY: United States
Oversees the global growth plans for the $40m Point of Care (POC) business. Includes leading direct sales team, indirect sales through an evolving distributor network and inside sales team, as well as a globally distributed Marketing team. Develops commercialization plans to evolve the product portfolio, supporting launches with compelling regenerative medicine data and concrete plans to realize associated sales. Known for ability to cultivate clinicians and healthcare influencres while motivating a geographically distributed commercial team. Excels at identifying market adjacencies, customer segments and applications for emerging technologies.
DRIVE GROWTH PLATFORM IN ALL ASPECTS
* Achieve short-term growth objectives while laying the foundation to significantly contribute to Terumo BCT's long-term growth. Test innovative concepts to expand Terumo BCT presence and relevance in regenerative medicine.
* Market development - accelerate entry in target geographies, expanding applictions and indications for current products. Identify potential partners who could accelerate market entry.
* Actively engage internal and external Medical, Scientific and Clinical resources to drive therapy adoption, influence and identify global KOLs and physician-zealots.
* Leverage Terumo BCT and other Terumo divisions to improve industry presence and educate internal stakeholders, ensuring appropriate funding to capture this nascent, rapidly evolving market.
* Build Terumo BCT's industry credibility, serving as untiring spokesperson and company ambassador for our solutions.
MOBILIZE AND ENERGIZE GLOBAL COMMERCIAL TEAM
* Develop clear prioritization process and targeted sales strategies to optimize field associate deployment by segment and geography.
* Establish formal distributor expectations, including volume, pricing and customer relationship building. Build and maintain formal business review metrics and processes to monitor success and incorporate real-time market and support feedback to refine offerings and positioning.
* Expand our go-to-market channels, increasing collaboration with other Terumo businesses, increasing the use of inside sales and tapping into our existing customer touchpoints, such as customer service.
* Increase penetration on hospital and IDN contracts to drive BMAC and PRP adoption as indepependent and companion therapies, growing total user base and growing viability as mainstream care pathway.
* Develops and manages global sales plans, budgeting, forecasts, incentive programs that realize commercialization objectives for new and existing launches.
* Launch high-impact sales onboarding and retention process, including contemporary training on clinical selling.
* Develop motivating incentive compensation, monitoring impact to refine segment and geographic targeting and deployment, constructively leveraging skills and resources across Terumo BCT businesses - Therapeutic Systems, Blood Center Services and Cellular Therapies, as well as across the broader Terumo enterprise.
EVOLVE THE PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
* Unleash creativity to develop compelling branding and country-specific positioning.
* Evaluate specific reimbursement schemes and hospital value drivers to inform product positioning and prioritize targets. Reflect healthcare Triple Aim concepts and health outcomes based analytics in market-backed decision making. Identify additional care areas - direct and as companion treatment for specific disease areas - to create additional applications for long-term growth.
* Champion and guide the development and launch of innovative product and service concepts, translating customer voice and market data from concept to reality.
* Create multi-generation product and service plans, proactively identifying and mitigating current portfolio weaknesses. Actively engage Terumo and BCT ideation, technology and regulatory resources to accelerate speed to market.
* Incorporates segment-specific quality and operational delivery targets into platform technologies, shaped by competitive position and customer expectations
ENGAGE EFFECTIVELY CROSS-FUNCTIONALLY TO STREAMLINE CUSTOMER TOUCHPOINTS AND SUPPORTING PROCESSES
* Passionate about building a high performing leadership team, facilitating constructive dialogue to further the team's goals. Effectively balances short-term deliverables with need to build sustainable organization that remains relevant in the market place.
* Establishes robust cross-functional leadership team that effectively integrates with Commercial and enterprise-wide operating mechanisms. Builds constructive working relationships with regional leaders and enabling business functions, such as finance, quality and regulatory.
* Champions customers' voice, influencing service expectations, operational delivery and quality performance to ensure a positive customer experience as they adopt our products.
* Masterfully communicates strategies, intent and builds closed loop feedback systems across functions, between global and country operating entities and more importantly, between customers and our enterprise.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Proactively seeks external and internal best practices to elevante the overall team performance.
* Serves as an active contributor to the Commercial Leadership team, providing thought leadership and practical advice to peers and all commercial associates.
* Role models Raising the Bar behaviors and our corporate values. Serves as a coach and mentor across the enterprise.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in relevant area; Masters in business, healthcare related discipline or marketing a plus.
Will consider candidates with commensurate education and experience.
Minimum 12 years of sales and/or marketing experience in medical devices, biologics, regenerative medicine.
Progressively responsible leadership experience.
Demonstrated success in scientific or clinical sales and realizing new product launch potential.
Global cultural sensibility and operating experience preferred.
* Requires demonstrated experience in leading distributed resources to deliver short and long term business goals.
* Ability to connect business unit goals to corporate strategy and effectively operationalize.
* Demonstrated success building customer relationships and clinical advocates in a dynamic marketplace.
* High impact sales experience, consistently meeting or exceeding growth targets.
* Committed to personal and professional continuous improvement, creating an organization that values continuous learning and seeks to build collective and individual capabilities.
* Strong executive presence, able to diplomatically challenge and redeploy teams' collective energy. Is not easily dissuaded by a difficult path, demonstrating resilience and creativity to find a way to achieve objectives.
* Skilled at collaborating with diverse stakeholders to clarify objectives, mobilize resources and achieve beyond expectations.
* Stellar verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable 'on his/her feet.'
* Sound personal judgment, actively solicits input from diverse sources to create compelling, innovative solutions to business problems. Pragmatically builds relationships across functional and regional boundaries to unleash our organization's collective brainpower on your operating challenges.
* Adept at multi-tasking and independent decision making.
* Show courage of convictions, making decisions with available information and full ownership of impact; willing to quickly test new ideas and learn.
* Foundational knowledge of regulatory and reimbursement practices in key global markets.
* Multi-lingual capabilities a plus.
* Typical Office Environment requirements include reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
* Controllable domestic and international travel up to 50%.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.