Posted on Oct. 7, 2016
Roy Maas Youth Alternatives
DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years management/supervisory experience; minimum of 3 years general maintenance required
EXPECTATIONS: Roy Maas Youth Alternatives (RMYA) provides treatment programs for traumatized children who most often are victims of sexual, physical, and/or emotional abuse. RMYA supports using trauma-informed techniques and relationship-based approaches to create a safe environment that provides consistency, structure, and caring for the children we serve. The Director of Facilities serves RMYA in all of its programs (residential treatment center, general residential operation, and emergency shelter) and buildings.
The Director of Facilities is responsible for managing the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities as well as planning, budgeting and scheduling facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labor materials and other related costs of Roy Maas Youth Alternative’s MeadowLand campus and assist with the San Antonio campus as needed. The position will be responsible for developing the strategic plan on developing a budget for the maintenance and the execution of the plan.
1. Exceptional strategy and plan development, project management, and marketing/communication skills.
2. Must possess leadership, planning, and management skills.
3. Solid knowledge of best practices in regards to general maintenance and construction.
4. Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
5. Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members, service providers, and other professionals.
6. Ensure RMYA’s strategic vision, mission, and core values are implemented and achieved through its programs and services.
7. Proficient with MS Word and Excel.
8. Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional weekend and evening hours
9. Valid Texas driver’s license or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire. Must have acceptable driving record.
10. Successful clearance of a criminal background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing.
1. Serve as foreman and be responsible for ensuring all general maintenance, custodial,
construction, and remodeling of all campuses are done accordingly with special emphasis on maintaining licensing and preventative maintenance.
2. Manages preventive maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC and office equipment.
3. Ensure federal and state contract compliance, timely completion of tasks, and satisfactory sub-contractor performance of any construction or remodeling projects.
4. Do electrical, plumbing, and carpentry when needed.
5. Oversee auto maintenance and repairs such as oil changes, minor tune ups, replacing fuses, belts, bulbs, etc.
6. Assist in being liaison with city, county, and state, as it relates to fire, security, and
7. Monitor the fire safety systems—fire extinguishers, fire alarms, fire exits, etc.
8. Purchase supplies, equipment, materials, parts, contract services, and professional services needed for the operations of the facilities and maintain inventories.
9. Prepare plans, material lists, and estimates for renovation projects.
10. Ensure service reports are prepared and filed within deadlines.
11. Attend bi-monthly Director’s Meetings to get maintenance updates from the Program
12. Manage the Engineering Assistants and the Groundskeeper.
a. Supervise the Engineering Assistants daily and evaluate yearly.
b. Supervise the Groundskeeper daily and evaluate yearly.
c. Keep track of the timesheets as well as vacation and holiday time for the Engineering Assistants and Groundskeeper.
13. Supervise and assist residents doing work related to grounds or maintenance when possible.
14. Maintain professional and ethical standards as prescribed by RMYA and the professional code of ethics for your license.
15. Maintain professional licensure and certifications; attend and participate in all required professional training, workshops and or continuing education.
16. Maintain confidentiality in all areas of client and program operations.
17. Represent RMYA in a professional manner at approved events in the community.
18. Perform special projects as assigned.
19. Be supportive of all RMYA policies and procedures.
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Interested applicants click now to submit resume.