Posted on Jul. 30, 2016
We seek genuine individuals; people who are able to engage and delight our guests. We invest in training and development opportunities for all Team Members so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all Team Members to reach their potential as professionals. We promote social responsibility by being a good neighbor in the communities in which we reside. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
Our mission is to safeguard the integrity of the recruitment and selection process, by continually improving standards, to prompt one defining characteristic: the willingness and commitment to offer comfort, care and everything we have in us to all who come through our doors all so our guests can relax, explore and flourish.
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel is seeking a Director of Engineering to join our team. Built in 1928 to resemble a Mediterranean-style castle, and known as Florida's "Pink Palace", the Loews Don CeSar has been revitalized and refreshed within ensuring a future as rich and storied as its history. Sugar-sand beaches, Spa Oceana, poolside and beach activities, Camp CeSar for kids and Four Diamond dining await visitors who return season after season. The Best Has Gotten Even Better!
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel features 277 accommodations including 36 suites and 2 penthouses. These light , airy rooms decorated with colors inspired by the beach that surrounds them, have remote control flat screen HD color TV's, ironing boards and irons, hair dryers, wireless internet access, Keurig coffee makers and mini bars.
Loews Don CeSar Hotel features meeting rooms that are grand while modern, offering beautiful but practical spaces for you to convene. Combine this with our superior service and spectacular views from every meeting room and you are sure to find a formula to success. For more information about the Loews Don CeSar Hotel, please visit our website at www.Loewshotels.com.
The Director of Engineering will work closely with all hotel departments to ensure we provide a diligent yet charismatic first impression as we greet and respond to inquiries and problems in an efficient courteous and professional manner to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all SOP's and Standards to ensure a quality stay experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS planning, organizing, directing and coordinating all engineering activities to ensure efficient operation of department and preparation of all required reports.
* Three to five years experience as Chief Engineer in a Hospitality related environment
* College degree preferred
* Certification as (or ability to obtain), CEOE, any Locally Mandated certifications
* Extensive knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HV AC, refrigeration, and life safety operating systems
* Ability to read, interpret and maintain ''as built status" of all physical plant architectural drawings
* Knowledge of OSHA regulations, National, State and Local Building regulations and codes, equipment operation and preventive maintenance procedures, record keeping requirement associated with above
* Effective management, leadership, organizational and communications skills
* Knowledge of computer based management systems such as: MS Office, Espresso, Johnson controls, ADACO