Posted on Dec. 15, 2017
Northeastern Health System / Sequoyah Memorial Hospital is currently seeking an experienced Director of Accounting for the Sallisaw area.
PURPOSE AND MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THIS POSITION:
Under administrative direction, directs the financial and business office activities coincidental with defined hospital policies and objectives.
• Administers the general accounting, patient business services, including third-party reimbursement, financial and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
• Assists the hospital’s CEO & governing board in the development of long and short range hospital operations plans which may include service demand analysis, resources availability analysis, and cost benefit analysis of proposed capital and staff expansions.
• With CEO & governing board oversight and participation, develops long and short range operational and capital budgets which are supported by the hospital’s long and short range plans and objectives. Causes to be prepared by hospital employee’s cash flow analysis and budget variance. Provides consultative recommendations regarding budget modifications are required. Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets.
• Monitors hospital fiscal performance in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital and its governing board. Identifies and reports undesirable trends and makes consultative recommendations for remedial action to the CEO & governing board for final review and approval.
• Causes to be prepared by hospital employee’s internal financial reports including work papers for annual financial audit by an outside public accounting firm.
• Assume a lead role in exploring and implementing means of managing and improving the financial performance of the hospital.
• At the CEO’s & governing board’s direction, oversees the preparation by hospital employees or outside firms of financial data and associated reports required by government and other regulating agencies including payroll tax reports and public disclosure reports.
• Oversees and maintains through hospital employees internal accounting controls and other business office systems and procedures.
• Oversees through hospital employees all areas of receivables management. Works with hospital employees to achieve efficiencies in the Business office.
• Consults and negotiates with third-party payers concerning the hospital rates, always subject to the final approval of the hospital’s CEO & governing board.
B.S. in Accounting or related field
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and verbal, interpersonal and quantitative skills normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
• Knowledge of financial management and analysis principles and techniques and managerial skills typically acquired through two to three years of experience in public account, specifically in health care auditing (when applied to small hospitals) or up to four to six additional years’ experience as a hospital controller (when applied to larger hospitals).
Computer, adding machine, fax, copier, telephone, scanner.
• Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking/sitting.
• Lifts supplies/equipment
• Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies
• Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching.
• Near Acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less.
• Depth Perception: ability to judge distance and space relationships.
• Accommodation: ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus
• Color Vision: ability to distinguish and identify different colors.
• May be exposed to infection from disease-bearing specimens.
• May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases.
• May be exposed to hazards of handling diseased organs and tissue.
• May be exposed to the risk of Bloodborne diseases.
• May be exposed to hazardous anesthetic agents, body fluids and wastes.
• Exposed to hazards from electrical, mechanical, and/or power equipment.
• Exposed to a variety of electro-mechanical hazards.
• May be exposed to odorous chemicals and specimens.
• Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals.
• Subject to burns and cuts.
• Exposed to hot and humid work environment.
• Subject to long irregular hours.
REQUIRED PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
• Eye protection
• Face protection
• Non-sterile and sterile medical gloves
APPLY ONLINE TODAY! Click "Quick Apply" to easily submit your resume.