Posted on Jan. 10, 2018
The Director of Health Information Programs and Services manages the development, implementation, and evaluation of departmental programs and services. The Director is the primary consultant for all HIS department’s operational planning, implementing organizational changes, training and collaborative problem solving to facilitate the organization's strategic goals.
Education requirementsMasters or Advanced Degree in health-related field
Experience requirementsJob related experience in a variety of healthcare delivery systems
Familiar with MSOffice applications, Meditech, personal computer, printer and standard office equipment
2-5 years job related experience in Health Information
Prior management experience, preferably at a Director or Management level
QualificationsCurrent certification as an RHIT or RHIA (Registered Health Information Technician or Registered Health Information Administrator
Responsibilities• Manages the development, implementation, and evaluation of departmental programs and services.
• Directs, manages and tracks projects and processes, including areas of electronic record planning and scanning implementation and other components.
• Documents current processes, develops training and education to enable scanning implementation.
• Develops goals and objectives for the department(s) and specialty product lines that are in alignment with the organizational mission, vision, policy and operational goals as necessary.
• Develops and/or establishes benchmarks aligned with industry standards for HIS services as required.
• Coordinates operation planning, projects, and priorities with the Vice President Medical Affairs and HIS Director
• Serves as the liaison with hospital departments and system related to Health Information in planning and process improvement toward improved information compatibility and availability for patient care where needed
• Provides advise and counsel for KH campus HIS processes including record security, ROI, HIPAA and legal requirements to HIS Director or designee for optimal overall operational activity as required
• Serves as the HIPAA Privacy Officer and resource on regulations, laws and ROI. Initiates and facilitates privacy awareness within the organization
• Identifies potential opportunities for improvement within HIS systems and operations to reduce duplication, improve internal work flow and enhance departmental operations and compliance
• Explores and pursues opportunities to continue professional education, e.g. conferences, professional association affiliations, journals, etc.
• Identifies opportunities for and/or develops training programs to enhance overall HIS effectiveness within the organization
• Develops and coordinates Medicare (RAC) Recovery Audit Contractor Program
• Develops, manages and evaluates the Red Flag Identity Theft Program
• Develops, manages and coordinates the storage and retention plan
• Directs or serves on committees as required
• Provide operational reports/assignments as directed