Posted on Jul. 18, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
FLOYD AND CLARK COUNTIES
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONALS
Fun position. Must enjoy working with and caring for clients with developmental disabilities.
Volunteers of America’s greatest strength lies in its dedicated, professional and family oriented staff. We invite you to apply for a position here at Volunteers of America and reward yourself with a great career you can be proud of.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Ensuring client comfort and safety
• Interacting with and encouraging clients in a supportive manner
• Providing transportation, accompanying and assisting clients as they engage in activities in the community.
• Performing home management functions; general housekeeping, meal planning and preparation, shopping, laundry
• Assisting clients with handling of money
• Assisting with toileting and feeding and administration of medication
• Documenting services provided and any changes in clients condition or family situation
• Competitive Pay based on experience
• Team working environment
• Work with a great group of co-workers who treat you like family
• Get to know your patients personally and make a difference in their lives each and every day
• Lots of room for advancement opportunities • health, dental, life, 403B
• Employee Assistance Program
• Suite of voluntary benefits
• Valid Drivers License • HS Diploma
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while helping people reach their fullest potential. Join our team as a Direct Support Professional and play a vital and positive role in helping our clients with intellectual, cognitive or developmental disabilities achieve their highest level of independence.
Not only will you have the opportunity to see the positive benefits of your work every day, you will also have an opportunity for professional development and advancement. Many of our leaders began their careers as Direct Support Professionals.
1. Fill out the "Quick Apply" Form, submit resume and select "Apply Now!