Posted on May. 18, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
Competitive benefits package including health/dental/lift/403B.
Rewarding working environment.
EXCELLENT PAY: $10.15/per hour.
MAIN FUNCTION: Responsible for providing direct care, training and assistance in the various aspects of activities of daily living, self care, leisure/recreation, developmental training, prevocational and/or vocational and is responsible for upholding consumer’s rights.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Monitor the comfort and safety of consumers’ served, while ensuring that the medical, nutritional, and personal care needs are being met.
2. Interact with consumers in an emotionally supportive and therapeutic manner, and practice effective techniques for reinforcing consumers’ behaviors.
3. Provide transportation and assist consumers with integration into the community by accompanying them to social and other activities of choice.
4. Perform general housekeeping, meal preparation, shopping, and laundry duties.
5. Complete assigned cleaning tasks and general maintenance on a routine basis in order to maintain a neat and clean environment.
6. Participate in all required on-going training programs and attend all mandatory staff meetings.
7. Performs all duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
2. Basic knowledge of nutrition, housekeeping, meal preparation, personal hygiene.
3. Skill in working with consumers with developmental disabilities.
4. Maintain current Red Cross certification in First Aid and CPR.
5. Ability to communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner.
6. Desire and ability to teach consumers with developmental disabilities.
7. Ability to read documents and written instructions: ability to write and maintain records.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
9. Ability to maintain a patient and positive attitude.
10. Ability to stoop, kneel and lift (25 lbs.) safely to complete assigned tasks.
11. Ability to drive with valid drivers license and maintain automobile insurance.
12. Maintain current CPI certification.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma or general equivalency diploma preferred, or commensurate skills. Demonstrate the ability to adequately read, write and understand the English language.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
1. To model agency core values of integrity, compassion, diversity, commitment & justice to all internal and external contacts.
1. Fill out the "Quick Apply" Form, submit resume and select "Apply Now!