Posted on Aug. 1, 2017
Provides direct support in the home of adults and children who have developmental and other disabilities by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Regular, predictable and reliable attendance and punctuality.
• Formally recognizes the accomplishments of others when they display character traits valued by the organization.
• Assists individuals to the degree necessary to change bed linens, wash and iron laundry, and clean the living area and or home.
• Assists individuals to the degree necessary to plan, purchase, prepare and serve food for him/herself and other members of the household, utilizing standard nutritional guidelines and/or special prescribed diets.
• Assists individuals in to and out of bed, automobile, or wheelchair, to lavatory, and up and down stairs if assistance is necessary.
• Assists individuals to dress, bathe, and groom self if assistance is necessary.
• Administers prescribed oral and/or topical medications under written direction of a physician.
• Accompanies individuals who are ambulatory as well as those who are not to participate in a wide variety of out of the home activities and act as a guide, companion and aide.
• Assists individuals to secure and attend volunteer as well as other community vocation activities in their community in order to prepare for competitive employment.
• Provides transportation to the person’s work, therapies or leisure activities using public transportation, agency leased vehicles or their own vehicle.
• Entertains the individual in their home by reading aloud, playing card or board games, and any other activities interesting to the individual.
• Participates with the individual in a wide variety of leisure activities including visits to the individual’s family or to family gatherings, swimming, bicycling, and going to movies, concerts, church/church activities, picnics and amusement parks.
• Performs a wide variety of miscellaneous duties as requested such as obtaining household supplies and running errands.
• Maintains detailed records of the services performed and of the apparent condition of the individual.