Posted on Mar. 9, 2018
Full Time, Part Time
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid vacation, Paid holidays
General application to the OVRS Direct Support Professional position
* Please indicate on your application the number of hours you are seeking and availability
Starting wage $10.40/hr. Night hours paid @ $8.30 if scheduled to sleep during the span.
These positions in this category all have night hours: if night hours are at the awake rate, it is the employee's regular rate of pay; if the employee is scheduled at the sleep rate, it is $8.15/hr.
OVRS has 20+ group homes sites within Hamilton County. We are regularly hiring for the DSP position. Applying for this position allows us to target you for jobs open within this range of hours. Hours are afternoon and weekends. There are some positions with night hours.
Title of Position: Direct Support Professional
Status: hourly; non-exempt
Basic Function of Position:
In accordance with the principals of Person Centered Planning, the employee will contribute to a supportive home-like environment; meeting the physical, social and psychological needs of the residents. The employee will provide experiences which allow the resident to develop to his/her fullest potential in areas of self-direction, independent living, self-care, self-sufficiency, language learning and mobility utilizing the My Plan structure.
• Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalency.
• Valid driver license and ability to pass OVRS fleet insurability requirements.
• Ability to pass employment standards as defined by the Ohio Revised Code
• Must be 19 years or older with a minimum of 3 years driving experience.
• Must obtain and maintain certification in Medication Administration, First Aid, CPR and other training as per the needs of the individuals supported.
• Must be physically able to and capable of assisting with the physical needs of residents, including but not limited to -
• lifting a minimum of 50lbs.
• driving during day and night conditions
• frequently climbing stairs
• participation in resident recreational programs
• and other physical assistance as needed
Commitment to the OVRS mission, vision and value statements
OVRS Mission Statement:
To enrich the lives of persons with developmental disabilities and their families by providing individually focused services, safe environments, and opportunities for integration into their communities.
OVRS Value Statement:
To enable persons with developmental disabilities to flourish; OVRS provides individually focused, compassionate, safe and quality services with the highest ethical standards.
OVRS Vision Statement:
To be flexible in order to grow and adapt to the evolving needs of persons with developmental disabilities.
• Ability to monitor and provide for the safety and health needs of the individuals supported by OVRS.
• Knowledge of and sensitivity to individuals with disabilities, including, but not limited to developmental and physical disabilities.
• Ability to promote independence through physical and social integration into the community.
• Ability to participate and give feedback in a team process to develop My Plan goals for individuals.
• Ability to carry out My Plan and assist individuals to achieve those goals.
• Ability to follow a prepared schedule and supervised routine.
• Ability to complete written documents in a clear and timely fashion.
• Attend staff meetings and training as required by the needs of the individuals supported by OVRS.
• Ability to monitor and assess the condition of property and equipment and report safety issues to the appropriate person as needed.
• Ability to follow policies and procedures of OVRS.
This listing of these job requirements is not intended to be all-inclusive. Direct Support Staff [DSP] will perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or as required by the program needs of the individuals supported.
Line of Authority:
Will report to/be accountable to the Home Coordinator.
Process for Changing Job Description:
Changes in this job description may be made at any time. Revisions will only be made after discussed and approved by the Executive Director. Ohio Valley Residential Services, Inc. [OVRS] reserves the right to change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Employees of OVRS are employed at will.