at Terumo BCT
Posted on Mar. 21, 2017
STATE: Colorado (US-CO)
COUNTRY: United States
The Director of Global Logistics provides direction and overall management of the Global warehouse, logistics and transportation functions. The person in this role develops objectives and plans that support business and corporate goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for all aspects of the Global Logistics functions.
* Works collaboratively with Director of Production and Procurement to ensure cost effective and timely delivery of customer shipments as well as inbound goods.
* Responsible for the Global import/export functions, including trade and security regulatory compliance.
* Provides strategic direction and leadership for the Logistics groups.
* Provides significant influence on short and long-term business goals. Communicates logistics strategy effectively to all departments to achieve timelines.
* Responsibilities will be wide ranging and include all facets of the management of the logistics functions including but not limited to daily and long-term customer order fulfillment, multi-warehouse oversight.
* Responsible for ensuring that product movement plans are in support of working capital objectives through a focus on balancing working capital costs, operating expenses, and customer service levels.
* Requires constant realignment and adjustment of tactics to meet the needs of our customers while achieving financial objectives (e.g. inventory, cash flow, utilization, etc.)
* Works closely with other senior level people within and outside of the company to resolve highly complex and sensitive issues.
* Influences internal customers as necessary to ensure successful strategy implementation.
* Directs the professional growth of professional staff by providing individualized guidance, training and supervision.
* Delegates work assignments matching responsibility to the person and gives authority to work independently. Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
* Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
* Translate strategic goals and revenue targets into tactical execution.
* Collaborate and work cross functionally with other leaders to ensure the successful movement of Terumo BCT products.
* Build a strong self-directed team to deliver exceptional products and support to customers.
* Develop and execute cost effective logistics strategies to meet customer expectations
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's Degree required, Masters Degree desired.
Minimum of 10 years progressive management experience.
Work with drug/device combination products is desired.
Experience in high-volume manufacturing environments requires.
Experience with demand modeling and statistical forecasting techniques.
Experience with planning in a Global environment.
Experience in inventory control methods, inventory expiration requirements, and achieving metrics.
* Comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge and use of the Sales and Operations Planning Process (S&OP).
* Ability to negotiate complex contracts with logistics providers
* Ability to solve practical problems and interpret and communicate complex issues in a manner that allows maximum product flexibility without compromising quality standard.
* Demonstrated creativity and the ability to think "outside the box".
* Demonstrated ability to analyze a high level of detail and make educated decisions with limited data.
* Capacity to define and communicate planning and procurement challenges and provide guidance to top management in developing and implementing positive and proactive solutions.
* Demonstrated ability to interact productively and to effectively influence peers, external colleagues and senior management.
* Knowledge of current FDA regulatory and ISO requirements and trends affecting medical devices.
* Capability to interact with diplomacy and tact while maintaining appropriate assertiveness and persistence.
* Ability to help management team balance planning and procurement requirements with business requirements and identify solutions to meet both sets of requirements.
* Willingness to take ownership and accept responsibility for actions and decisions.
* Must be detail oriented, well organized and able to work independently and in teams.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
* Commitment to cross-functional problem solving.
* Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
* Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
* Possess a strong commitment to company values.
* Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing operations, engineering, tactical execution, customer service, professional communications, cross functionality, computer applications, problem solving, strategic reasoning, teamwork, change management, business acumen and business ethics.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
There will be an occasional requirement to work outside of normal business hours, consistent with other Director-level positions.
US and International travel will be required at
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.