Posted on Apr. 17, 2017
Meet with Recruiters In-Person
Wednesday, April 26th
10 am - 2 pm
Click Apply now for Details........
Immediate openings and outstanding career opportunities in Midland and San Antonio!
The mechanic will also be responsible for safe operation, maintenance and preparation of assigned equipment and performing administrative work associated with appropriate records keeping of equipment maintenance performed.
• Adheres to and ensures that all safety practices and housekeeping standards are maintained to the highest standard.
• Ensures that completed repairs are performed to the highest quality per OEM recommendations.
• Perform administrative duties associated with maintaining activity records and logs regarding equipment and repairs.
• Ensure routine maintenance and up-keep of equipment and tools.
• Input and export accurate data from the CMMS to ensure all work is performed and annotated correctly
• Performs inspections, diagnostics, repair, services and rebuild of components and assemblies and determines serviceability of vehicle systems, assemblies or subassemblies and the need for repair
• Analyzes malfunctions by visual and auditory examination or through the use of test diagnostic equipment
• Repairs, adjusts and overhauls/replaces major assemblies or subassemblies such as engine mechanical, electrical, air-conditioning, fuel, emission, power train, brake, steering and suspension and emissions systems
• Reassembles, adjusts and tests repaired units for proper operations
• Performs preventive and special maintenance.
• Uses technical publications to maintain vehicles to prescribed manufactures’ maintenance schedules
• Adheres to all established safety policies and standards to include identification, use and proper procedures for handling or disposal of hazardous waste
• Reads and follows current policies and procedures as outlined in all SOP’s applicable to assigned work location
• Emphasizes sense of urgency with shop mechanics to reduce equipment downtime.
Knowledge & Skills;
• Considerable knowledge of the occupational hazards and the proper safety precautions involved in maintaining motorized equipment
• Considerable and specialized knowledge and skills in diesel troubleshooting, repair and maintenance
• Skilled in diagnoses and repairing parts of the principles and practices of organization, administration, and supervision.
• Ability to provide guidance and direction in the safe repair of equipment
• Skill in the use and operation of motorized equipment
• Oversee and perform maintenance on equipment to determine serviceability, of systems and sub systems on components
• Ability to articulate oral instructions and follow through with shop mechanics.
• Ability to understand and work from manuals and specifications
• Basic welding skills
Experience & Education:
• High School degree or GED
• Prefer a graduate from a two (2) year accredited diesel technical school and at least 1 year mechanic work experience or 5 years of diesel mechanic work experience
• Certified in Brakes, PM, Electrical, HVAC, Fuel, Emissions Systems, provide copies of all certifications for employee file.
• Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Hazmat endorsement or able to obtain within 90 days of employment
• Prefer fuel hauling industry experience
• Must have experience using a computerized maintenance manager system, TMT software is a plus.
• Must have experience in diagnosing trucks using the Paccar software, Cummins Insite, or Genisys Electronic Diagnostic Scan Tool.
• Must have experience performing preventative maintenance
• Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Able to frequently lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to work in both inside and outside conditions and be exposed to dust, fumes, and gasses from internal combustion engines
• Must have all tools and be willing to work weekends, perform roadside service calls, and drive to remote field sites for repairs as needed
• Long hours and exposure to weather and adverse conditions
• May be required to travel overnight
Benefits: We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays and vacation.