Posted on Nov. 29, 2017
Pilot Flying J
Now Hiring Diesel Mechanic
Bring your 3-5 years of Diesel Mechanic Experience to our Winning Team!!!
Must be able to diagnose electrical and have knowledge with Detroit Diesel and Cummins ISX motors. Must be able to use the software for these motors. Mechanics will have to service units, work on crude trailers, brakes, wheel seals and solve electrical issues that may come up.
The Fleet Maintenance Technician will be responsible for safe, timely, and cost efficient repair and maintenance of the company’s fleet. This position performs the day to day preventative maintenance, advanced diagnostics, and mechanical repair of the fleet primarily heavy truck and tank trailer fleet.
This position will require someone with:
• Strong advanced diagnostics experience using factory diagnostic tools and software
• Experience performing warranty repairs
• Good understanding of and experience recording complaint, cause and correction within maintenance tracking software
• Experience working from and within maintenance tracking software
• Strong skills in written and verbal communication
• Technical school degree in repair and maintenance with 3 years’ experience, or 5 years’ experience with factory training certificates or ASE Heavy Truck certifications
• Have the ability to manage multiple repair tasks at once
• Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning when diagnosing vehicle issues, so that correct repairs are completed first time.
• Experience and ability to use wiring diagrams and multi-meter to diagnose complex electrical issues.
• Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Strong mechanical knowledge of PTO systems.
The basic duties of this position include:
• Diagnose and repair company vehicles and equipment, including heavy trucks, medium duty trucks, light duty autos, tank trailers, flatbed trailers, and small product pumps and fuel tanks.
• Develop and mentor the company’s less senior maintenance personnel.
• Follow standard operating procedures when diagnosing, repairing, and recording work completed on or to the company’s vehicles.
• Ensure all equipment meets DOT and other regulatory standards
• Manage and lead projects
• Analyze and produce AFE and requests as needed
• Review vendor quotes for accuracy and verify repairs when complete.
• Confer with management teams to provide specialized solutions and equipment to meet customer requirements.
• Recommend improvement to existing or planned processes and equipment design.
Interested applicants click on Apply Now to get started!