Posted on Sep. 27, 2017
Center for Developmentally Disabled is currently seeking a qualified individual to join their team as a Developmental Disability Professional (DDP).
Qualifications: Two years of experience in services or programs for persons with intellectual or other developmental disabilities. Applicants with Bachelor’s degree and professional experience in: education, psychology, social work, sociology, human services, or a related field and experience within a specialized developmental disabilities service system in delivery of habilitation and/or case management services are preferred. Applicant must have experience in staff management/leadership and the ability to motivate and manage his/her team in the execution of person centered plan and service delivery for individuals in the CDD programs. Valid driver's license and applicant must have a clean MVR.
• Knowledge of: current practices in the field of community-based services for persons with intellectual disabilities and other services for persons with developmental disabilities person-centered program planning, basic medical terminology, the principles of person centered practices, provision of habilitation services, and positive behavioral support techniques.
• Ability to: assess the needs of persons with intellectual or other developmental disabilities.
• Evaluate assessments
• Develop and assess individual program plans; adjust services as needed.
• Mobilize resources to meet individual needs.
• Interact and communicate with other regulatory bodies and others in person via telephone, electronically, and written correspondence to exchange information and to respond to information requests.
• Develop working relationships with individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities, their families and guardians, interdisciplinary team members, agency representatives, and individuals or advocacy groups.
• Monitor services provided.
• Apply agency and program rules, policies, and procedures.
• Supervise House Managers, occasional on-call responsibilities and support Direct Support Professionals in providing services to people with intellectual disabilities.
Salary: $32,000 to $40,000
Benefits include accrued vacation/sick accrual, health and dental insurance, vision coverage, life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, supplemental insurance, and Legal Shield.
Apply in person or send your resume by filling out the Quick Apply form.