at Terumo BCT
Posted on Sep. 12, 2017
Leads initiatives to design, develop, test and implement solutions for enterprise endpoint client services. Provides tier 2 technical support and service restoration for daily operations and project efforts in a complex, distributed computing environment. Manages assigned projects by prioritizing own assignments, schedules, and meetings resulting in timely completion of work. Resolves problems, and creates conditions and processes to support change. Works independently, requiring limited direction from more senior staff or management. Work closely with other groups such as Architecture, Applications Development and Information Security to design and develop client endpoint solutions. Provides information technology mentoring and training to team members and internal customers.
* Leads technical implementations such as: upgrades to endpoints; planning, testing, and deploying technology; and integration with backend services.
* Within the context of the ITS/Business Strategic Plan, operates largely independently in supporting information technology through activities such as analyzing business/technical needs; designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining, and documenting information technology solutions.
* Works closely with Enterprise Architecture, Information Security and Application Development to design, engineer, develop and implement new, changed or enhanced solutions; Responsible for documenting, mentoring and training other IT support technicians to support deployed solutions.
* Provides subject matter expertise and escalated operational support for resolving incidents involving enterprise endpoint services including hardware, operating systems, applications and clients.
* Develops, trains to, and maintains pertinent documentation and procedures according to industry, vendor, Terumo BCT, and ITS standards.
* Following Terumo BCT ITIL processes, position will lead problem investigation teams, pulling in necessary resources, documenting analysis and recommendations, and following through on recommended solutions.
* Will act as technical lead and systems liaison on ITS projects and other initiatives.
* Collaborates with team members and associates and contributes to efforts to develop, design, implement, and continuously improve endpoint services.
* Proactively seeks information and utilizes analytical and creative problem solving skills along with standard processes and technologies resulting in secure and reliable connections to and use of systems, applications, and infrastructure.
* Leads hardware, software, and service enhancements by identifying and quantifying associate requirements, noting the gaps between requirements and the capabilities of existing technology, and recommending proactive improvements.
* Utilizes analytical and communication skills in the development and modification of written procedures, processes, and technical support knowledge base, resulting in content tailored to the level and type of audience for support and issue resolution.
* Develops implementation plans and timeline of projects, provide status reports, exchanges relevant information with management and project teams, and meets timeline.
* Stays current with relevant advances in technologies. This can include: on-the-job training, attending technical courses or conferences, reading, research, and testing.
* Utilizes effective communication skills when providing training and mentoring to less experienced staff.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum 5 years of experience
* Experience deploying and managing a diverse set of services, including: Windows/MAC/Linux OS, Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft Office suite, client patching, client packaging using SCCM or LANDesk, encryption, Antivirus, backup and recovery.
* Experience in a related role requiring confidentiality, timeliness, customer service, organization, prioritization, troubleshooting, and working independently to successfully install, configure, maintain, and support Windows and/or Mac desktop operating systems and layered software.
* Proficiency with some or all the following technologies: Windows 10, OS X 10.9, Linux, Microsoft Office, Browsers, Scripting, Registry, Command line, System Management Tools
* Proficiency to leverage appropriate technical tools to perform day-to-day administration tasks, root-cause analysis and service restoration (such as backup, restore, failover, log interpretation, and performance monitoring) for the following platforms/systems: Windows or Mac
* Proficiency with current computer technology and applications (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, and collaboration applications).
* Ability to define problems, analyze causes, identify possible solutions, select the best solution, and develop action plans.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, correctly, knowledgeably, and effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to groups, varying style to fit the audience, actively communicating with those with differing opinions and differing levels of understanding.
* Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, and communicate effective change approaches within established and changing deadlines.
* Demonstrated ability to understand what is expected to do the job well, function effectively in a team, reprioritize work, remain calm and deliberate, achieve deadlines or milestones, accept accountability for mistakes, and take corrective action.
* Demonstrated ability to develop specific action plans, exercise positive influence, and respond quickly and effectively in a crisis.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft server-based products and their interactions with Microsoft client operating systems, and network connectivity/interoperability protocols.
* Ability to proactively identify business problems and opportunities, and to recommend and follow through on implementation of solutions.
* Ability to work with team members to commit and deliver on time and on budget to customers.
* Knowledge of one or more industry standard scripting languages (VB Script, PowerShell, etc.) and the ability to leverage that knowledge in developing customized scripting solutions.
* Familiarity with event management, incident management, change management and configuration management, and with the ITIL framework and tools used for these processes.
* Demonstrated ability to be proactive to automate manual tasks.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* MSCA or MCSE preferred
* ITIL certification preferred
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Travel may be required to different Global offices.
* Requires participation in on-call rotation and some work during non-business hours, holidays and on weekends.
* Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance is required.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.