Posted on Feb. 23, 2018
$16.00– $18.00 Hourly
Habitat for Humanity of Metro Louisville is looking for a Designer and Planning Coordinator, working in the construction department developing and maintaining construction documents, finish materials and housing code related materials. The position will also order materials as needed and maintains Gift in Kind inventory; Supports community development and repair through neighborhood canvassing, data gathering and providing leadership during the Love Your Neighborhood events. Hourly pay ranges from $16.00 - $18.00 an hour.
Education requirements• Associates degree or higher in design or architecture required
Qualifications• Proficient with AutoCAD
• Effective communicator
• Ability to read and interpret project plans and architectural drawings
• Ability to read and interpret technical journals, financial reports, legal documents
• Ability to understand mathematical concepts
• Driver’s license, contractors education certificates, CPR, First Aid
• MSD site disturbance and fork lift operator certificates helpful
• Knowledge and training in Energy Star, Lead Abatement
• Proficient in use of logic, PVA and researching liens and taxes
• Knowledge of Louisville Metro Land Development Code
• Experience obtaining permits from Louisville Metro Planning & Design and MSD
Responsibilities• Develops and maintains design library
o Generates and updates construction documents for permitting and construction.
New Construction and Rehabs
o Works with the Community Development and Design Manager to develop new house plans as necessary to meet site constraints
o Works with KHC to ensure new plans are KHC approved
o Maintains finish sample library
• Government and funding compliance
o Pulls building permits
o Attends Category 3, Board of Zoning Adjustment and Planning and Design meetings which are necessary to ensure timely permitting of building plans
o Understands and ensures building and land development code compliance
o Keeps up to date on KHC compliance and an inventory of preapproved plans with the KHC program
o Works with Homebuyers and Family Service staff to complete Design Worksheets for each house
o Works with Director of Construction and Volunteers to create and edit Construction Specifications
o Registers and files for the LG&E rebates and other rebate programs
• Serves as support for Community Development and Repair
o Canvasses neighborhoods to provide information or gather information.
o Gathers information about potential targeted neighborhoods and enters information into a spreadsheet.
o Pulls event permits
o Orders supplies and materials
o Works closely with the Community Development and Design Manager to support Community Development and Repair as needed.
• Orders Gift in Kind inventory and other inventory
o Allocates large amounts of in-kind donations to specific houses
o Coordinates end of the year inventory and prepares report for fiscal year end
o Works with Director of Construction to solicit and document in-kind donations
o Orders Schneider in-kind electrical
o Orders Whirlpool in-kind appliances
o Orders Dow Styrofoam and other in-kind insulation
o Orders Hunter Douglas in –kind mini blinds
o Orders Valspar in-kind paint
o Orders building materials that are unavailable locally
Work hours• This position is a part time, 25 hours per week, flexible schedule.
To Apply Email Employer:
Fill out the "Quick Apply" Form, submit resume, and select "Apply Now"