Posted on Sep. 5, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K
Opportunity is knocking!
FreshPoint Denver is hiring Delivery Drivers for our busy Denver warehouse.
Are you tired of over the road driving? Are you tired of not being home every night with your loved ones? Come join the FreshPoint Denver family.
We offer Competitive Wages (with a $2000 Sign on bonus) and excellent benefits.
We are currently looking for Class A and B Delivery Drivers.
FreshPoint Drivers deliver smiles to our loyal customers.
What you will be doing:
* Efficiently deliver produce to customers, rotate their coolers if applicable, process paperwork accurately, follow driver safety rules and provide professional customer service. Assist in the warehouse loading trucks, palletizing product, pulling orders and performing other duties at the request of the Dispatcher or Manager.
* Run routes efficiently, meeting or exceeding designated route times.
* Rotate merchandise when required in confined spaces.
* Call in when customers do not receive their entire order (shorts)
* Maintain contact with Customer Service throughout delivery day.
* Handle company equipment properly, follow written driver safety rules, and compliance with DOT regulations.
* Report accidents and injuries and any damage to equipment immediately.
* Assist in shipping and loading trucks for second runs and palletize product.
* Handle customer complaints professionally.
* Follow all preferred work methods as designated by position.
* Responsible for upkeep of vehicles at end of shift- clean cab and box.
* Work overtime if required as requested by the Dispatcher or Manager in compliance with DOT regulations.
Perform other duties as requested by the Dispatcher or Manager.
Early A.M. Start Times; some holidays and weekends. Schedules are built around our need to serve our customers.
What you need to be considered for the job:
* A Valid Commercial driver’s license (CDL Class A or B)
* Ability to communicate with customers and basic math skills.
* Standing for extended periods of time, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting, and walking.
* Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight up to 75 to 80 lbs, continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
* Must have the ability to speak clearly and to hear audible warning signals, ie... backup alarms, horns, and buzzers.
* Must be able to pass a physical examination per the requirements of the Department of Transportation (DOT).
* Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform this position.
The Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving machinery and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The working environment includes exposure to outdoor elements, congested high traffic areas, slippery floors, stairs, commercial kitchens and walk ways. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors.
What we offer our associates:
* Competitive Wages and a generous sign on bonus.
Off the charts benefits that include:
* Health, Dental and Vision Care
* Great paid time off program (Vacation, Sick and Personal Time)
* Matched 401k and Stock purchase plan
* Employee Assistance Program
* Direct deposit
* Credit Monitoring and Pre-paid legal services
* Health Flexible Spending account
* Perks at work (Employees discounts on 100’s of items)
* Fun Family environment
* Associate discounts on products we sell
* Birthday Club
* Online university free of charge for our associates
* Veteran Recognition Programs
* Monthly Employee recognition lunch
Come join, the winning team at FreshPoint Denver and become part of our family!
FreshPoint is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Apply online today!