Posted on Apr. 26, 2017
JOB TITLE: Delivery Driver
Pay commensurate with experience.
Must have a CDL license.
Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability, 401K, and tuition assistance.
Deliver product to customer in a safe, timely, damage free and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In addition to the essential job functions described below, all associates will perform duties as requested by branch management. Assigned responsibilities and duties may vary based upon location size and operations.
• Deliver materials by the time scheduled by your supervisor
• Validate directions
• Unload or assist in unloading material as required
• Ensure that material is properly secured and within weight limits
• Ensure delivery of ticket with material and obtain customer signature
• Collect payment as necessary on COD tickets
• Communicate with your supervisor throughout the day
• Pick up customer returns and validate that product matches request for credit
• Pick up local-pickup purchase orders
• Secure and return packing list(s)
• Verify all material has been unloaded and placed at the delivery site, meeting and/or exceeding
• Verify the customer’s signature on the delivery ticket. Print name next to signature if necessary
• Review delivered orders with the supervisor for completion, accuracy, and format
• Return all delivery ticket copies to warehouse, and verify that none are missing
• Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections
• Comply with all Department of Transportation (DOT) standards and regulations
• Fuel the truck as necessary
• Report any vehicle problems, moving violations, accidents and defects to the supervisor
• Compliance with company uniform policy
• Assist in warehouse operations as necessary
• Work overtime as needed
• Represent the company in a professional manner at all times ensuring customer loyalty
• Abide by all polices, rules, and regulations of the company including all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures
• Support corporate programs, goals, and initiatives of the company
• Possess and maintain an unrestricted, valid driver’s license.
• Perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed in this job description in a manner that would not endanger the health or safety of the employee, other employees, customers, or members of the public
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Company orientation
• Safety education
• Material Handling Equipment Certification
• Product knowledge
• Warehouse layout
• Process training
• Basic computer skills
• Communication skills
• Attendance (number/percentage of days present for work)
• Safety (number of days without violation or injury)
• Accuracy on pulled orders
• Productivity (day’s work in a day, number of deliveries)
• Vehicle maintenance including interior and exterior
• Lifting 20 pound objects constantly; 50 pound objects frequently; and 100 pound objects occasionally is required
• Climbing ladders, stairs and ramps
• Pushing and pulling
• Stooping, crouching and keeling
• Grasping objects
• Vision: minimum vision required to obtain driver’s license and to prevent injury from oneself and others.
• Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds with or without correction
• Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
Attendance on a regular, consistent basis is mandatory, including arriving at the time scheduled by your supervisor daily.