Posted on Sep. 26, 2017
Schedule: Full-Time, 5 days a week, Home every night
Salary: Competitive Hourly Rates
Drug Testing: Yes
Background Checks: DMV, Criminal
The Chefs’ Warehouse Midwest is looking for experienced and dependable Delivery Drivers to join our rapidly growing team!
The primary function of the Delivery Driver is to drive a straight truck for the purpose of delivering and unloading various products (meats, produce, frozen foods, groceries, dry goods) while providing excellent customer service to customers in and around the Cincinnati area. It is further required that above function be completed in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
Delivery Drivers perform the following duties, including, but not limited to:
• Perform all pre-trip responsibilities to include: checking route numbers and account numbers for assigned deliveries, count items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded, move tractor to the loading dock to attach preloaded trailer, and perform "pre-trip safety check" inspection of truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
• Drive to and deliver customer orders according to a predetermined route.
• Perform back haul pickups as needed.
• Unload products from the trailer with a hand truck a dolly truck or by hand and place them in designated customer storage areas.
• Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Contact management for authorization for invoice discrepancies and communicate all errors/returns.
• Use provided technology system to communicate with dispatcher at base in regards to delivery discrepancies or challenges during the delivery process.
• Perform all post-trip responsibilities to include: unload damaged goods and customer returns and complete necessary paperwork; turn in all funds collected daily; perform safety check on the vehicle, unhook and secure trailer; park and secure tractor and hand truck; complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports, discuss any traffic or parking violations encountered during delivery process and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
• Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), class A or B and safe driving record
• High School Diploma/GED required
• Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
• Meet medical requirements of the Department of Transportation (DOT)
• Minimum 2 year over the road commercial driving experience OR 6 months to 1 year of food or beverage delivery experience.
• Must have excellent customer service skills
• Must be reliable, punctual, and professional
• Basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
• Ability to use, or learn to use, all equipment, global positioning systems (GPS) i.e. XATA, and other tools used to perform the job
• Ability to use or learn to use, MSDS information regarding all material used within the scope of the work
• Must be able to perform coupling procedures for the Tractor/Trailer
At The Chefs Warehouse, we are dedicated to providing our employees the tools to succeed. We offer the following benefits:
• Competitive Pay
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and more; eligible after 30 days
Flexible Spending Accounts
• 401K, with Company match
• Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Company Holidays)
• Employee Discounts
• The opportunity for growth at a rapidly growing company
The Chefs’ Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.