Posted on Jul. 11, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
Deli Clerks Needed throughout the St. Louis Metro Area
It’s easy to see why you should work for Schnucks:
• Flexible Schedules
• Competitive Wages and Set Pay Increases
• Work Near Your Home
• Friendly, Fast-Paced Environment
• Teammate Discount after Qualifying Period
• Paid Vacations and Health Benefits after Qualifying Period
• Chance To Advance. Schnucks has a strong tradition of promoting from within. Many teammates who started working with us have grown with us, as their part-time jobs became long-term careers.
• Schnucks is successful because we value our teammates as much as our customers.
• Our large, state-of-the-art stores are clean, brightly lit, well staffed and absolutely up-to-the-minute in terms of product selection, decor and technology.
• We provide training and mentoring to ensure teammates’ success.
• We’re known as a “company of families.” From the Schnuck family on down, we believe that family members can work together and make our company even stronger.
• Schnucks is one of the top 100 privately owned companies and one of the top 10 privately owned supermarket chains nationwide.
· Provide friendly and courteous service to customers, both in person and on the phone at all times
· Maintain a positive work environment
· Maintain cleanliness of work area, equipment, deli cases, and backroom, following company food safety and sanitation guidelines
· Follow proper personal hygiene requirements
· Follow proper time and temperature controls
· Follow good food handling practices to prevent cross-contamination
· Follow proper sanitation principles
· Wear company-approved slip resistant shoes or overshoes at all times
· Practice safe lifting procedures and be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Wear provided personal protective equipment when required i.e., cut gloves, chemicals goggles/gloves, etc.
· Be able to safely operate powered equipment once you are properly trained
· Understand the safe handling procedures with knives and other sharp utensils
· Slice and weigh lunch meats and cheeses. Provide customer the opportunity to approve slice thickness before completing the entire order.
· Establish product knowledge, suggestive selling and product sampling to assist with customer questions/requests. Effectively sell product(s) by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions.
· Fill/rotate/date products for the display case
· Operate meat and cheese slicer’s, scales and wrapping equipment as required
· Utilize cooking equipment including, fryers, rotisserie ovens and steamers. Have the ability to fry chicken and properly use all kitchen equipment.
· Prepare sandwiches, party trays, salads and special orders while maintaining strict adherence to company recipes
· Pull product from cases for proper storage (i.e., filling/rotating/wrapping) at closing
· Ensure freshness of food and proper rotation of product. In addition, assist with product production, packaging, presentation and restocking
· Multi-task and keep the customer as first priority
· Maintain reliable attendance
· Assist in with other duties as assigned
· Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products
· Adhere to all safety, health, and weights and measures regulations; observe temperatures within cooler and cases and report failures to management
· Answer phone and take special orders with courtesy and friendliness
Schnucks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.