Posted on Apr. 21, 2017
The Deli Clerk is responsible for providing excellent customer service to deli visitors and completing tasks that keep the deli running smoothly. Deli clerks are asked to complete a wide variety of duties behind the deli counter and in the kitchen.
Individuals interested in this opportunity need to be available a couple of days during the week from 9am-3pm and Saturday and Sundays from 6am - 12pm.
Key areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Assist customers at the deli counter in making selections and making suggestions as needed.
2. Cook/Prepare, package and label products for sale.
3. Safely and efficiently operate all deli equipment.
4. Set up and organize coolers, freezers and preparation areas in advance for deliveries.
5. Assist in monitoring inventory items and keep deli management team informed of items needing to be reordered.
6. Unload incoming shipments of deli items.
7. Keep work areas and overall deli clean and safe for customers and coworkers.
8. Set up hot cases.
9. Know and comply with all health, safety, and sanitation guidelines.
1. Must be at least 18 years if age
2. Must obtain a food handling permit.
3. Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills are requireded due to a high level of customer interaction.
4. Basic math, reading and writing skills are required.
5. Among other physical requirement listed in a full job description, applicants must be able to repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs. during a shift, walk and stand for long periods, and bend/squat all the way to the floor if needed.
6. Must be able to work well both independently and in a team environment.
this position is eligible to participate in 401(k) retirement plans. It also offers a membership to a credit union, vacation and holiday pay, and access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP).