Posted on Aug. 30, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan, Vision Insurance
Performs various customer service duties related to loading taxicabs at Orlando International Airport, Sanford Orlando International Airport, Orange County Convention Center, and Universal Studios Orlando Amusement Parks.
Reports to: Taxi Starter Supervisor
Mears Transportation Group is the largest provider in the Orlando area of: Shuttle, Taxi cab, Luxury sedan, Limousine, Charter bus transportation. With a fleet of over 1,100 vehicles, our organization is dedicated to exceeding our customers service expectations. We accomplish this by applying state-of-the-art technology to our maintenance programs, phone systems and dispatch systems. We also invest in our people through on-going customer service training and sophisticated safety programs.
To be considered you must complete the Online Application.
Complete Quick Apply to receive more job details and your online application link. Thank you!
Education requirements• High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred
Experience requirements• No previous experience required.
• Some customer service experience preferred.
Qualifications• Knowledge of the geographical layout of the Greater Orlando Area.
Special Requirements: Must be able to remain calm, pleasant, and poised in high-pressure situations. Must be able to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays or as business dictates. MUST BE NON TOBACCO USER.
Responsibilities• Directs passengers to their assigned taxicab with an open hand, and by stating “Taxicab # ____ is at Your Service”.
• Answers customer’s questions with regards to length of trip and/or cost.
• Provides customers with special needs requests such as wheelchair accessible taxicabs, taxicabs with child restraint seats, or 7 to 9 passenger taxis.
• Obtains, records and maintains necessary information required to complete taxicab load sheets, such as: 1) time of departure, 2) number of passengers, 3) name or address of destination, and 4) method of payment.
• Recommends hotels or restaurants as requested.
• Assist to maintain customer operations standards including: reporting of driver violations of personal appearance standards, poor customer service, conflicts or disputes to the Taxi Starter Supervisor in a timely manner.
• Resolves all driver incidents calmly and professionally to minimize customer and driver discomfort.
Skills• Must be able to communicate in clear fluent English in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner with passengers, drivers, Airport and Law Enforcement officials, co-workers and other persons.
• Must be able to “Meet and Greet” arriving passengers in need of taxi transportation with enthusiasm.
• Must be able to maintain uniform and personal appearance standards when in sight of customers.
• Must be able to understand and perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Must be able to assist customers by moving luggage, baggage, packages or other objects to and from curbside areas and/or into vehicles when requested.
• Must be able to read, understand and complete starter load sheets.
Work hoursMust also be able to work flexible hours. This position operates within a 24/7 environment that may require applicants to work day, evening, and/or night shifts as well as holidays and weekends.