Posted on Feb. 23, 2018
Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore location in Hikes Point is looking for a Customer Service Representative or Donor Ambassador.
This position reports directly to the Store Manager and is responsible for cooperating and coordinating with staff and volunteers, safely picking up and transporting donations, and unloading the truck upon arrival to the store or warehouse.
Habitat ReStore is a retail store open to the public that sells donated building materials, furniture, appliances and landscaping at deeply discounted prices in order to create a sustainable income for Habitat for Humanity of Metro Louisville.
Most importantly, the Donor Ambassador is often the first point of contact our clients and donors have with Habitat for Humanity. The primary objective of this position is to provide a positive experience for the donor. Starting pay rate is $10.00 an hour but can increase based on skills and qualifications. It is a Part Time position working about 30 hours per week.
Education requirements• Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
Qualifications• Must have a sincere, friendly manner and willingness to work with a team of staff and volunteers.
• Must work well under busy circumstances.
• Must desire to work with the public on a daily basis.
• Must be willing to move heavy objects up to 75 lbs. on a daily basis
Responsibilities• Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe donation center.
• Must open/close donation area daily including locking/unlocking doors, dumpsters and locating all carts.
• Cleaning/testing (if able) incoming donations before moving them to the sales floor.
• Pricing incoming donations in accordance with our donation pricing guidelines and pricing policies before moving them to the sales floor.
• Moving tagged sold items from the sales floor to sold warehouse.
• Only accepting donations in accordance with our donations guidelines.
• Assisting customers in picking up their purchases out of the sold warehouse, and promptly filing the correct paperwork with the cashier.
• Responsible for managing/supervising a consistently evolving team of volunteers to assist in the intake and processing of donations.
Work hours• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
To Apply Email Employer:
Fill out the "Quick Apply" Form, submit resume, and select "Apply Now"