Posted on Aug. 3, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible schedule
Get to Know Alorica
At Alorica, we only do one thing – make lives better, one interaction at a time. We’re a global leader in customer service and experience, serving the world’s biggest brands with tens of thousands of employees in hundreds of locations around the globe.
Customer Service Representative Position Summary
Your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to offer customer support through phone, email, online chat or social media to customers who have questions, concerns or confusion around a particular product or service.
You have an industry choice!
• Focus on Hospitality and support people with hotel reservations and travel. When it's vacation time and they want to know if you can walk to the beach, want to make sure there is a coffee pot, check on points for upgrades - that's when you get the call because you will be in the know!
• Focus on Light Tech Support for customers playing with their new devices ranging from tablets to touch screen refrigerators. When it won’t turn on, when it won’t turn off, when the time changes and the clock didn't, when the screen does that weird blinky thing – that’s when they’re going to be calling you!
You’re literally the voice of the brand, and a strong relationship between our clients and their customers starts with you. So only the awesome need apply.
Why Join Alorica?
Every day, we aim to live up to our mission of creating insanely great customer experiences. But as Alorica employees, giving back matters just as much – that’s why we’re so proud of Making Lives Better with Alorica, a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to providing assistance to employees, their families and the people, organizations and communities who support them. Simply put, we want to make lives better…one interaction at a time. And to do that, we need the very best people to join us.
But please, allow us to entice you further! As an Alorica employee, you may receive:
• Paid training
• Flexible training schedules
• Offer various shifts with shift differential for Full Time positions and overtime opportunity
• Medical and dental benefits
• Paid time off
• Paid holiday and sick time
• Retirement planning options (401(k))
• Employee discounts through client programs
Working at Alorica means potentially having the freedom to explore all kinds of career options – from customer service, training, and tech support, to management, recruiting and more. Alorica offers fun, challenging opportunities to pursue your professional goals, and we want you to have fun and succeed – because when you’re at your best, that’s when we’re at our best.
Education requirements• High School Diploma or GED required
• College degree preferred
Experience requirements• Customer service from any industry experience a plus
• Phone-related customer service experience a major plus
Responsibilities• Talks to customers over the phone, email, online chat or social media to resolve their questions or concerns
• Maintains and updates customer information as necessary
• Calmly attempts to resolve and de-escalate any issues
• Escalates calls to supervisor when necessary and appropriate
• Responds to requests for assistance and/or possible processing of credit card authorizations
• Tracks call-related information for auditing and reporting purposes
• Provides feedback reports on call issues related to downtime and/or training issues
• Upsells to customers as necessary and appropriate with some business lines
Skills• Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel applications
• Bilingual language skills a plus but not required
• Stellar customer service skills – and an overwhelming desire to make lives better, one interaction at a time
• Ability to use phone and computer systems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong listening/comprehension skills
• Analytical with strong attention to detail
• Problem-solving ability
• Ability to stay composed and objective
• Conversational, patient and confident, with a positive attitude
Recruiters are actively reviewing resumes and scheduling interviews for our Customer Service positions for various industries in Lafayette, In. So what do you say? Ready to take the next step?
The Next Step
Let’s make lives better. Let’s defy the status quo. And let’s go beyond thinking outside the box – and decide to obliterate the box instead. You ready? Let’s do this.
Click "Apply Now" to begin the application process. Simply submit your contact information and attach your resume!
We are looking forward to learning more about you!
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.