Posted on May. 16, 2017
Firstsources is now Seeking Healthcare Customer Service Professionals
The Customer Service Representative will receive requests by telephone regarding claims/policies. They will respond to inquiries from policyholders, providers, and/or others for information and assistance. They will perform research to respond to inquiries and interpret policy provisions to determine the most effective response. They will forward documentation to the client with recommendation on how to resolve/respond to the inquiry or issue.
* Answer incoming telephone calls on Individual & Group Policies for our client, GEHA. Research and respond to the customer.
* Prepare written documentation regarding the telephone inquiry and prepare files to be sent to GEHA for adjustment.
* Listen actively and establish rapport.
* Provide an exceptional customer service experience.
* Initiate contact to obtain information relevant to the concern or inquiry as needed and follow-up as necessary to ensure that no tasks slip through the cracks.
* Be open and receptive to feedback, and be willing to change behavior to improve performance.
* Contribute ideas and recommendations for improvements to the department and company.
* Adhere to compliance regulations and security policies.
* Maintain service and product knowledge.
Firstsource Transaction Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age (40 & over), race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class in accordance with applicable laws.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE positive, professional attitude
* Willingness to learn and to take on new challenges.
* Intelligent, self-motivated, quick learner and flexible.
* Excellent interpersonal skills - must understand the importance of teamwork and be able to cooperate and participate in team efforts as well as have the ability to work within close proximity and use constructive problem solving.
* Should demonstrate behaviors such as: willingness to put forth extra effort and time when needed; support company decisions and policies; cooperative interaction with peers and others; analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent communication skills - must be able to express self clearly - both orally and in writing.
* Should have a good overall understanding of how this job and the department interact with others and a basic understanding of the organization as a whole.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES
* Current Firstsource employee working on the Kaiser Project
* High School Diploma or GED required
* At least 6 months Customer service experience, demonstrating superior performance and consistent attendance in a call center environment.
* Health claim examiner experience and a good understanding of a wide variety of group health plans is required.
* Normal office environment
* Must be able to sit for extended periods of tim