Posted on Jun. 15, 2016
LOCATION: Oakhill Hospital
Hours: Monday - Friday 8a - 4:30p
The Patient Service Representative Onsite l is responsible to screen patients on-site at hospitals for eligibility assistance programs either bedside or in the ER. This includes providing information and reports to client contact(s), keeping them current on our progress.
FOUNDATION KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES REQUIRED: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Review the hospital census or utilize established referral method to identify self-pay patients on a daily basis.
* Screen those patients who are in-house and are designated self-pay for state, county and/or Federal eligibility assistance programs.
* Initiatethe application process when possible.
* Identifies specific patient needs and direct them to the appropriate agency for assistance.
* Introduces the patients to MedAssistservices and informs them that we will be contacting them on a regular basis about their progress.
* Provides transition, as applicable, for the backendPatient Account Representatives to develop a positive relationship with the patient.
* Records all patient information on the designated in house screening sheet.
* Document the results of the screening in the onsite tracking tool and hospital computer system.
* Identifies out-patient accounts from the census or applicable referral methodthat are designated as self-pay.
* Reviews system for available information for each outpatient account identified as self-pay.
* Screens patients on site as able. Attempts to reach patient by telephone if unable to screen on site.
* Document out-patient accounts when accepted in the hospital system and on site tracking tool.
* Outside field work as required.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintain a positive working relationship with the hospital staff of all levels and departments.
* Report any important occurrences to management as soon as possible (dramatic change in the number or type of referrals, etc.)
* Access information for the patient account representatives as needed (discharge dates, balances, itemized statements, medical records, etc.).
* Keep an accurate log of accounts referred each day.
* Meet specified goals and objectives as assigned by management on a regular basis.
* Maintain confidentiality of account information at all times.
* Maintain awareness of and actively participate in the Corporate Compliance Program.
* Maintain a neat and orderly workstation.
EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL/PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE RECOMMENDATIONS:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* 1 - 3 years experience of medical coding, medical billing, eligibility (hospital or government) or other pertinent medical experience is preferred.
* Previous customer service experience preferred.
* Must have basic computer skills.
MEDASSIST SOLUTIONS, LLC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AGE (40 & OVER), RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED CLASS IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS.