Posted on Oct. 17, 2016
Assists the store manager and assistant managers in managing all phases of store operations in accordance with Goodwill policies and provides an optimum shopping environment for its customers. Is responsible for general supervision of cash register operations and customer service. Participates with other members of management in performing all duties required to efficiently run the store on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• As delegated by Manager, participates in the implementation of plans to meet daily sales goals and to increase the average sale per transaction and sales per square foot in assigned store.
• Supervises employees in association with senior members of management and acts as manager on duty in the absence of the store manager and the Assistant store managers.
• Participates as a member of the store management team in performing and supervising activities related to merchandise arrangement, visual displays, and space allocation according to merchandising plans.
• Ensures that all employees provide friendly, courteous customer service and satisfaction. Responds to requests for management assistance in a helpful and accommodating manner. Is responsible for training of all sales associates in register operations and customer service.
• Supports the mission of Goodwill by exhibiting a willingness to supervise persons with barriers to employment. May assist with training and supervising of client/trainees assigned to the store as directed by the store manager.
• Monitors cashier supplies on a daily basis to ensure adequate amounts are on hand at each station. Ensures that register areas are maintained in a clean and orderly manner. Provides store manager with a weekly list of needed supplies.
• Maintains merchandise outposts and displays surrounding the entry and check out area of the store as an assigned “area of responsibility”.
• Verifies quantity, quality and dollar value of merchandise received in the store. Evaluates pricing of goods and makes and reports any necessary adjustments according to established procedure. Determines the value and price of some merchandise such as housewares, shoes, purses, books and electronics in accordance with company pricing guidelines.
• Completes all reports and documents that are to be submitted on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Assists in the control of inventory and loss of merchandise due to errors, internal shrinkage and shoplifting. Takes appropriate action in preventing such losses under the direction f the store manager.
• Maintains security of all cash and store receipts. Takes daily deposits to the bank as assigned by the manager or an assistant manager.
• Attends all in-service training sessions, including First Aid/CPR training as scheduled.
• Performs all basic responsibilities common to all Goodwill store management positions, i.e.:
- Performs cash register transactions
- Attends to any after-hours emergencies that occur in the store in the absence of the store manager.
- Addresses facility maintenance and security issues in the absence of the store manager.
- Monitors the proper use of store equipment to minimize need for repairs and replacement.
- Performs any and all functions pertaining to the opening and closing of the store.
- Directs and performs housekeeping and recovery duties.
• In the absence of the store manager or assistant managers, follows and enforces all safety rules and regulations. Completes and submits any necessary forms and/or reports immediately, but no longer than 24 hours, when an incident occurs in the store. Maintains current certifications in First Aid and CPR and administers First Aid and CPR if required.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Answers the phone, relays information and makes store announcements.
• Moves and maneuvers shipping racks, shipping carts, small pieces of furniture and electrical/mechanical appliances and small display fixtures.
• Performs light housekeeping duties as needed. Keeps floor and fixtures cleared of discarded or fallen merchandise. Monitors dressing rooms and returns garments to proper display racks.
• Places inventory into stock in proper category by size and color.
• Pulls merchandise by tag number for return to the processing plant. Accurately records the category and quantity on a merchandise return voucher.
• Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions and percentages. Training is over a period up to and including six months.
• One year cashier experience, supervising experience helpful. Retail experience and visual merchandising skills a plus. Must have insured vehicle for store-related travel. Must have home or cell phone.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Must have a valid state resident driver’s license, with a good driving record.
• Must be eligible for positive outcome on required resident state criminal conviction background check.
• Must maintain appropriate requirements for legal vehicle operation including current automobile insurance and license plates.