at Circle K
Posted on Sep. 6, 2016
Full Time, Part Time
Vision Insurance, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance
Circle K is now accepting applications for Sales Associate positions in the St. Charles area. Please apply in person at any store or reply directly to this ad.
The Store Associate is responsible for performing all cashiering, stocking, cleaning, and customer service duties in
a manner that will develop good customer relations, build store sales, maximize profits, and protect store assets.
Your goal is to provide all of our customers with a service level that exceeds their expectations. The Store
Associate supports the company goals by focusing on personal accountability, customer service and work
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• CUSTOMER SERVICE
Greet customers as they enter the store, Be Friendly and Helpful, Provide Prompt,
Courteous Service, and Thank our Customers.
Set an example to other associates for excellent customer service.
Handle customer complaints professionally and respectfully.
Maintain property and equipment to ensure customers have a safe and pleasant shopping
• ASSOCIATE SUPPORT
Participate in training new associates.
Complete the computer based training with acceptable scores.
Promote teamwork and cooperation within the store.
Maintain a safe and professional work environment free from any form of harassment
including sexual harassment, hostile environment, and discrimination from any Circle K
associate, customer or vendor. Report any infraction immediately.
Are properly dressed in authorized Circle K Midwest’s uniform and meet personal
Assist new applicants with the application process.
Attend job-related meetings (may be required to work irregular hours).
Efficiently ring up all sales on a cash register properly and accurately, handling money,
checks, and other types of payment received for products sold.
Accurately make change by counting it back to the customer.
Correct or report unsafe working conditions to the Store Manager and report any accidents
Efficiently perform multi-function operation of fuel console, money order machine and
Receive and verify vendor deliveries.
Efficiently operate additional store equipment.
Assist in maintaining proper inventory levels and shift audits.
Clean and dust counters and shelves.
Stock merchandise on the shelves and fixtures.
Stock the coolers and freezers.
Make coffee and maintain fountain product and equipment.
Sweep and mop the floors.
Clean and maintain the restrooms.
Empty the trash.
Sweep and/or hose down the parking lot.
Clean gasoline dispensers and gas islands.
Paint gas islands, curbs.
Stock windshield service centers.
Complete various other jobs as assigned by the store manager and/or assistant manager.
Assist in maintaining an acceptable score on Daily Store Inspection Form.
Assist in maintaining an acceptable Service Star Shopper score.
Follow daily gasoline procedures including accurate stick readings and spill procedures.
Follow all age restricted product including Alcohol and Tobacco selling procedures.
Control merchandise, gasoline and cash shortages to acceptable levels.
Accurately complete daily shift sheet paperwork.
Follow Company Loss Prevention Procedures and Cash Handling Polices.
Clock-in and Clock-out on the Ruby Register and Time Sheet on scheduled workdays.
Perform shift audits.
• Experience in retail sales preferred.
• Honest and friendly.
• Ability to be at work on time as scheduled.
• Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in English.
• Ability to work alone.
• Work with a minimum direction and periodic supervision.
• At all times work as an effective associate.
• Ability to be exposed to cold or warm temperature extremes performing occasional work in a walk-in
cooler and/or freezer and outdoors.
• Ability to stand and/or walk for an entire shift.
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds from ground to overhead up to 30 minutes of
workday (i.e., assisting in stocking/maintaining inventory levels).
• Ability to lift and/or carry up to 60 pounds from ground to waist (i.e., to replenish fountain syrups).
• Ability to push/pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds (i.e., utilizing a hand-truck).
• Ability to bend at waist with some twisting up to one hour of workday.
• Ability to grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands up to all day. (This handwork requires eyehand
coordination, and may require climbing a ladder to store and retrieve materials or place and
• Ability to operate a cash register.
• Be exposed to occasional noise.
Job duties may change with or without notice