Posted on Sep. 23, 2016
At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we’d like to connect with you. Cox Communications is looking for sharp talent to join our team and be the voice of our brand. As a Cox Business Customer Care Specialist (Technical Support), you will play a pivotal role in the continued stability and growth of our organization by serving as a front-line representative of the Cox brand.
The Cox Business Customer Care Specialist (Technical Support) supports Inbound customer contact from all Cox Business Customer Care Service sites on a 24/7 basis, including holidays. Specialists handle support for Core and Strategic Customer segments for all Video, Voice, Data and Hospitality products that Cox Business provides nationally. Specialists troubleshoot Customer Premise Equipment, Cox Equipment, and identify and troubleshoot network or plant issues. Specialists support includes, but are not limited to Webhosting, DNS, CIDR IP, Email, and VPN issues. Specialists’ partner with various local market departments such as NOC, SOC, NTSC, SDC etc., assisting in troubleshooting associated transport systems including Sonet as well as Hi-Cap and Fiber services. The Cox Business Customer Care Specialist is the primary point of contact for all National Account Customers, Webhosting Customers, Online Backup Customers, and Security Suite customers.
• Competitive wages with potential for additional financial incentives for motivated team members!
• FREE Internet and other Cox discounted services
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day!
• Casual, yet energetic and engaging work environment
• Retirement Benefits including 401(K) and Pension
• Work-life balance, including generous time off policies: Up to 22 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 7 Paid Holidays
• Tuition Assistance provided
• High degree of commitment to our communities including volunteer opportunities
• Career Advancement Opportunities across the Cox family of companies
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Receives incoming calls from commercial customers for technical support. Diagnoses and resolves customer technical support issues with emphasis on serving in a professional and courteous manner.
• Diagnoses and trends issues related to geographic problems, switch issues, and effectively partners with our various Switch locations for ensuring customer resolution.
• Digital and Analog Television troubleshooting, including digital set-top boxes (MOTO and CISCO platforms), customer equipment/cabling configurations, and trends audio and video issues related to plant/network issues.
• PC/MAC troubleshooting for up to 100,000 hotel guests for internet assistance, inclusive of Email and TCP/IP settings. Remote Server configuration maintenance and troubleshooting at the hotel locations and managing guest registration issues to ensure accurate billing information to optimize Revenue of the product. Also performs dispatch functions and routes fix agents to hotel locations based on Service Level agreements at the hotel properties.
• Manages Problem Handling processes across all Cox Markets including Trouble ticket creation and customer follow up. Ensures accurate problem tickets and call disposition in order to effectively trend call driving issues into call center. Processes incoming/outgoing trouble tickets for customer related issues, specifically handling incoming emails/Remedy tickets needing follow up or customer required responses.
• Refers issues that require dispatched maintenance technicians to NSC Tier 2
• Troubleshoots hardware and software configurations to isolate and determine solutions in accordance with AUP standards.
• HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
• 1 or more year of experience preferred in related field
• Effective troubleshooting skills
• Effective analytical skills
• Effective organizational skills
• Ability to work flexible hours and/or on-call as needed
• Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Office; ie: Word, Excel (Computer skills – data entry)
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills to work effectively with customers and teams throughout organization
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and LAN/WAN topologies and configurations
• Knowledge of telecommunications services
• Experience configuring Cox Supplied customer premise equipment
• Knowledge of cable industry billing software (ICOMS or equivalent)
• Prior experience with trouble management software
• A+, Net+ certification
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired
• Technical Experience is preferred
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
Apply in Person or email your resume today!
Important Note: Applicants must proceed to the applicant tracking system via the link provided on the next page for further consideration.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.