Posted on Jul. 13, 2017
San Antonio State Hospital is currently hiring Custodians!
********** Please note that you MUST complete an online application to be considered for this position. Click Apply Now to be directed to the online app! *****************
Custodian I Under the direct supervision of the Custodian II/III.
He or she performs both light and heavy custodial work for all buildings and office areas.
Work includes operating and maintaining housekeeping equipment and working with cleaning supplies.
Take care of carpet and tile floors.
Work under moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Job Functions:
Attends work on time with regular and predictable schedule.
1. FLOOR CARE AND MAINTENANCE Sweeps, mops and/or dusts floors and applies floor finishes in accordance with established routines and safety measures. (20%)
2. BATHROOM CARE Cleans and sanitizes restrooms and bathing areas to prevent the transmission of disease. (20%)
3. BEDROOM CARE Cleans, dust and polishes bedroom furniture to assist individuals in maintaining a clean and attractive, safe and sanitary environment. (20%)
4. GENERAL CLEANING OF BUILDING EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR Maintains the interior and exterior of assigned building clean, orderly and in good repair. (10%)
5. CLEANS ISOLATION AREAS To prevent transmission of communicable disease. (10%)
6. HEALTH & SAFETY Help people maintain optimal and provide a safe environment for self, persons served and others. (5%)
7. ENVIRONMENT & RESIDENCE APPEARANCE Helps maintain a clean working environment. (5%)
8. DOCUMENTATION Accurately and timely completes documentation and protects confidential information. (5%)
9. "Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency's obligation for disaster responses and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location." (5%)
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
1. Completion of eighth (8) grade.
2. Experience in janitorial or general cleaning work may be substituted for required education at the rate of one (1) year of the specified experience for each year of education.
3. Ability to understand and follow oral and/or written instructions.
4. Skills sufficient to operate the equipment used in housekeeping. 5. Ability to be a responsible employee.
6. Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
7. Ability to climb and stand on ladders for cleaning purposes.
8. Follow Chain Of Command.
9. Competent on evaluations
This position is located at the San Antonio State Hospital and is a Tobacco Free Facility. All applicants must pass: pre-employment drug screen, Department of Public Safety criminal background check, and Client Abuse/Neglect Reporting System (CANRS), and Employee Misconduct Registry. “All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must successfully complete required background checks to include pre-employment drug screening, FBI fingerprinting, and applicable government background databases, based on the position they are hired for.”