Posted on Sep. 9, 2016
Location: Facility Support / Maintenance/ Broadway (JOB ID: 6387)
Work Schedule: 260 Days
Work Type: Regular Full-Time
Pay Grade: O1
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one month related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
PRIMARY PURPOSE SUMMARY:
• Maintain a safe and healthy academic and professional environment for students, teachers and administrators.
• Responsible for maintaining classrooms, offices and outdoor areas to ensure a clean and healthy setting.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Uses proper techniques with the cleaning inside/outside of District buildings which includes floors, carpet, walls, glass windows, ceilings, water gutter and patio/walk areas.
2. Uses proper techniques with grounds maintenance which includes parking lots, fence lines, play ground area and equipment, lawns, shrubs, trees and flower beds.
3. Uses proper techniques in moving equipment, furniture and supplies weighing up to fifty pounds and asks for assistance with items weighing over fifty pounds.
4. Uses safe techniques in light maintenance tasks such as painting, changing of globes, installing dispensers, carpentry and adjusting or repairing lockers.
5. Uses safe and proper work/cleaning techniques including the usage of all inside/outside power equipment needed to support program.
6. Maintains and properly uses personal protective equipment - Reports all accidents to the Head Custodian.
7. Assists with special projects, duties, as requested/assigned by the Head Custodian, facility administration and/or Director for Custodial Services.
8. Maintains confidentiality of information.
9. Reports to work on time every day.
10. Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.
• Successful completion of a pre-employment physical examination to include alcohol and drug testing
• Knowledge of minor repair techniques and building and grounds maintenance
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to understand instructions and communicate in basic English
• Ability to lift 100 pounds with assistance
• Ability to properly handle cleaning supplies
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
• Basic Training Provided by North East Independent School District (NEISD)
• Initial Training at NEISD Maintenance Complex - Three Days - Includes safety and orientation with Maintenance Complex Head Custodian - This includes products, equipment and lawn grounds maintenance
• Elementary School Training - Two Days - Floor Maintenance and Elementary Classroom Custodial Care
• Middle School Training - Three Days - Learning of General Cleaning Practices within the Middle School environment
• High School Training - Two Days - High School Custodial Duties, Classroom, Cafeteria, Landscape and Grounds
• Additional Training provided by Campus Head Custodians as required throughout the year
Not all applicants will be interviewed.
****High School Diplomas and college/university degrees must be obtained from an accredited program or university approved by the United States Department of Education and the Texas Education Agency.
NORTH EAST INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER