at Kroger, Inc.
Posted on Sep. 21, 2016
Full Time, Part Time
Kroger Now Hiring!
All Store locations available!
Bag and carry out groceries for customers. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
• Wait on customers and counter promptly and cheerfully. Greet customers and provide them with great service.
• Be prompt, tactful, calm, courteous, and professional in all interactions.
• Make friendly impression on customers.
• Bag customers' orders following load limits and proper bagging procedures.
• Carry customers' groceries to their cars and load them properly.
• Responsible for keeping the check stand area clean and free from clutter, help keep the store floors clean; spot mop, vacuum and dust mop, keep grocery carts in their proper, designated areas, help keep the parking lot clean and free from litter, keep various recycling areas clean and organized, locate merchandise and shelf-tags or signs to check prices, return unsold or damaged merchandise to shelves or designated areas, various cleaning assignments including restrooms, shelving, other cleaning as assigned by management, and condition and clean shelving.
• Maintain equipment and facilities properly and safely in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Adhere to company policies and procedures, as well as State and Federal laws.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Should be at least 15 years of age. Management and associates must strictly adhere to child labor laws.
• Willing and available to work weekends and holidays.
• Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills that engage our customers and associates.
• Able to read shelf tags, signs, product labels, training materials and bulletins.
• Ability to multi-task, set priorities, present information in a professional manner and work with all levels of the organization.
• Personal initiative and follow through to completion.
• Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment and willingness to help all members of the department.
• Possess abilities and skills for effective production, merchandising, and customer services related to sale of merchandise.
• Must be able to work with various cleaning solutions, safely use sharp tools, and carefully operate all production equipment.
• Courtesy clerks under the age of 18 will follow all State and Federal Child Labor law guidelines.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
• Past work record reflects dependability and integrity.
• Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to employment practices, safety, and food handling
• Experience in grocery retail and customer service.
* Flexible Hours
* Opportunities for Benefits (part time and full time benefits available)
* Advancement Opportunities
* Opportunity for Tuition Reimbursement
* 10% off Kroger brand products
* Paid Training
* Weekly Pay
Submit your application online today!