at DHL Express
Posted on Aug. 31, 2017
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
We are currently hiring Courier/Dockworkers in our New York Market. As a Courier you would follow standard company procedures and safety requirements to pick up and deliver time sensitive materials in a timely and efficient manner.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Education requirements• High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
Experience requirements• Previous professional driving experience, preferably in a delivery role
Qualifications• Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record
• Must be 21 years old
• Candidate must pass pre-employment background, drug and medical physical screening
• Must be able to lift up to seventy (70) lbs occasionally
• Must be able to lift forty (40) lbs frequently
• Must be able to walk, climb stairs, reach overhead, squat, bend, kneel, stoop and crouch repeatedly
Responsibilities• Under tight deadlines, drives vehicle to customer sites, climbs in and out of vehicle, and walks up and down stairs as required to pick up and deliver documents and packages to and from customers according to established procedures, in all weather conditions
• Picks up, handles and delivers time sensitive documents and packages in a safe and punctual manner considering traffic patterns, alternative routes, traffic regulations, and driving conditions in order to meet customer and DHL time requirements
• Ensures all delivery material received is safely delivered to correct consignee
• Operates a scanner to record shipping and package information for documents/packages picked up or delivered.
• Maintains good work habits, including reporting to work on time and adhering to standard work and safety procedures.
• Reports any suspected breach of security or unusual happenings to supervisor immediately
• May assist supervisor in orienting, training, assigning and checking the work of lower level couriers
• May assist supervisor in performing check rides to review performance and the proper use of routes and practices
Skills• Excellent customer service skills
• Map reading skills and knowledge of delivery area preferred
Work hoursPart Time - Flex Hours