Posted on Apr. 3, 2018
At Rite-Way Equipment Company, located in Louisville KY, we offer a wide selection of construction equipment rentals and tool rentals to both contractors and homeowners in the Greater Louisville Area and Southern Indiana.
This person will train daily, on how to deliver quality customer service. Must be able to apply logical thinking to a wide range of problems, collect data, draw conclusions and offer constructive solutions concerning day to day activities. Establish and maintain an atmosphere in operations that promotes customer service. This position is responsible for communicating daily, a variety of information to operations management. Assist management with the development and execution of the company’s business plan activities.
Excellent Pay and Benefits Package:
Pay based on experience.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision Insurance available (Company participates in premiums), Life Insurance (company paid), Uniforms, Vacation Days, Personal Time Off Days, Bereavement Pay and more.
Education requirements• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED. Continuing education experiences a plus. Will consider experience in lieu of education.
Qualifications• Must possess a pleasant, outgoing, and engaging personality.
• Mechanical aptitude is a plus.
• If determined a candidate, Rite-Way will administer a personality profile and Bennett Mechanical test at Rite-Way’s expense. This will be done to benchmark the learning process.
• Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
• Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must speak English clearly and write legibly. Ability to speak another language is a plus.
• Must pass a drug screen and DOT medical examiners physical at Rite-Way’s expense.
• Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
• Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
• Must be able to understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form. Experience with Microsoft excel and word a plus.
• Experience with operational computer software and systems a plus.
• Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
• Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience, and accept constructive direction from trainers and management.
Responsibilities• Train daily on the operational aspects of Rite-Way’s rental and sales processes. Targeted outcome: To be a Rental/Sales Coordinator within an 18 to 24 month period. Trainee will work in all operational facets: Counter Sales, Service, Parts, Yard Operations, and Delivery.
• Shadow experienced personnel regarding processing incoming rental/sales calls and customer walk in requests. Learn to capture critical information, and how to process it.
• Shadow experienced personnel with managing rental/sales deliveries and pick-ups.
• Assist in maintaining sales floor and marketing of sales impulse items.
• Shadow experienced personnel in solving customer complaints/issues. Learn how to resolve these issues in a win/win fashion and solve the internal root cause that created the problem.
• Learn to document all relative “lost rental opportunities” whatever the reason. Immediately communicate any critical issues to management.
• Learn how to properly execute purchase orders.
• On occasion make small equipment deliveries and pick-ups.
• Shadow experienced personnel in learning rental lot operations for deliveries and returns. Learn the proper check out/in procedures. Immediately communicate to counter personnel any damages, mechanical or safety issues that need attention. If necessary - Tag out of Service - and place unit on equipment down line. Determine if customer will be billed for damages or it is a normal repair. Learn how to handle calling the customer regarding billing them for damage repairs. Learn how to process repair request to service department.
• Responsible for house cleaning issues within area of responsibility.
• Attend departmental, store, and safety meetings.
• When requested assist management with budget and business plan issues.
• Perform all other duties as requested by management.
Work hoursWork Schedule: Monday through Friday 7:00am to 4:30pm. Overtime available.
APPLY TODAY - Email your resume or apply in person!
1. EMAIL: Fill out the quick apply form, attach resume, and click the "apply now".
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability