at Kirby Risk
Posted on May. 19, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K
Customer Service professionals – We are growing! We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, enjoys face-to-face contact with a variety of customers, has some knowledge of and experience with selling electrical products and their applications, and who wants to work for a company that rewards people who take pride in their efforts. If this sounds like a good fit for you, then Kirby Risk Electrical Supply has a great opportunity for you as a Counter Sales representative in a new location in Portage, IN!
Kirby Risk is a regional electrical distributor with 38 locations in Indiana, Illinois and Ohio.
Come join us and be part of a great team!
Kirby Risk provides a full benefits package, including Medical, RX, Dental, Vision, Life, Employee Assistance Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, and a 401K Plan as well as PTO.
Receives, processes, and picks counter customer orders with accuracy. Assists customers with product selection and up-sells when appropriate. Expeditious problem solving utilizing catalogs, reference materials, and web research.
Your Specific duties in this role will include but not be limited to:
• Providing excellent customer service while assisting counter customers with orders
• Effectively communicates with and assists Counter customers with orders. Enters orders on computer system. Follows up on special requests.
• Processes customer returns as necessary and handles returns and exchanges according to the policies of the company.
• Maintaining daily contact with customers to provide information, build and maintain relationships and provide feedback to management
• Providing backup for other areas, including working warehouse and making deliveries, as required
Specific qualifications for the role include:
• High School diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
• 1+ years sales experience
• Knowledge of electrical products and their applications
• Experience with MS Office products preferred
• Strong telephone etiquette, attention to detail, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks/priorities
• Valid driver's license & DOT physical: *
o IN-Chauffeur *
• Clear or Acceptable driver's license check *
• Verified employment/driving check for previous 10 years *
• Forklift Certification *
* As required
The candidate must possess the ability to push, pull, lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and talk or hear, both in person and by telephone. This position requires the candidate to stand for extended periods. May be required to travel on occasion. Sitting for extended periods is required when backing up Inside Sales or making deliveries.*
What is the company culture like at Kirby Risk?
The roots of this continuously successful 90-year-old organization are reflected in its Midwestern values; hard working, engaged, caring people, who treat one another and our customers with the utmost respect and approach their work with a sense of urgency.
Kirby Risk provides a full benefits package, including Medical, RX, Dental, Vision, Life, Employee Assistance Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, and a 401K Plan as well as PTO
Any responses not reflecting the education/skills/experience required will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer