Posted on Sep. 16, 2016
Are you looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community? If so, you’ll want to join an organization that is truly committed to making a difference. The Sullivan University System offers post-secondary educational opportunities in a variety of disciplines through its many campuses to prepare students for employment in high-need career fields. At The Sullivan University System, you’ll find a host of career opportunities, an environment that values creativity, a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding, and an organization that values people.
We offer a generous benefits package, a competitive salary, comprehensive training, tuition reimbursement and a professional work environment.
The Sullivan University System has been named one of the Best Places to Work for three years in a row, because we truly believe you don’t need to choose between making a living and making a difference.
We are currently looking for a full-time Instructor and Coordinator, Pharmacy Technician Program and Experiential Education. The position of coordinator is responsible for the experiential education placement and support of students in both the Pharmacy Technician and PharmD programs. This position will assist with the development and implementation of the curriculum for the Pharmacy Technician program. Additionally, the position will provide educational support both for the Pharmacy Technician and PharmD programs.
Responsibilities of the position include:
Under the direction of the Director of Pharmacy Technician Program:
• Teaches pharmacy technician coursework, conducts classroom activities, simulation, skills-checks, and administers assessments as needed
• Helps develop, launch, deliver and review educational and continuing education courses to assure contemporary practice for students and technicians
• Facilitates preparation for pharmacy technician certification exams
• Provides pharmacy technician student advising
• Interviews potential pharmacy technician students
• Other duties as assigned
Under the direction of the Director of Pharmacy Technician Program and the Office of Experiential Education:
• Assists with the identification, development, maintenance, and monitoring of experiential education sites for both Pharmacy Technician and PharmD programs
• Conducts scheduled experiential site visits to address continuous quality improvement, preceptor education, and student needs assessments
• Assist with the verification and maintenance of student documentation required by experiential sites
• Provides support to pharmacy technician and experiential advisory committee
• Maintain and assures program compliance for accreditation
• Represent both programs in professional organization/association
Requirements of the position include:
Pharmacist or PTCB Certified Pharmacy Technician
Bachelor degree required
At least 5 years’ experience in a pharmacy, preferably in both retail and hospital settings
Ability to build professional relationships and work collaboratively
Ability to effectively work both autonomously and collaboratively
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Familiar with ASHP Pharmacy Technician Accreditation Standards
Teaching experience preferred
The Sullivan University System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.