Posted on Mar. 17, 2017
Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan, Flexible schedule
HMSHost, located inside the Louisville International Airport, has an opening for Cooks!
WITH A CAREER WITH HMSHOST, YOU REALLY BENEFIT!
• Paid Vacation and Flex Time upon hire!
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage!
• Free uniform!
• $10 Meal allowance daily!
• Tuition Reimbursement!
• Great promote from within policy!
• Opportunities for professional growth/advancement!
Working at the airport – business hours, no late nights, no parking lots or restrooms to manage, quality of life and a secure work environment.
Full-time, variable shifts, $10.00/hour
If interested, apply now!!!
See apply buttons
The Cook is responsible for preparing cooked foods, and must be able to perform all station functions of Fry, Flat Top Griddle, Pantry, and cooking eggs; communicating ticket times and potential problems to the manager on duty and servers as necessary; providing the highest quality of service to customers and associates at all times; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, or General Manager depending upon local requirements.
• Follows recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving food items which may include soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other food and beverage products
• Tastes products, follow menus, estimate food requirements, check production and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment as needed
• Cleans and sanitizes work stations and equipment
• Practices excellent food safety and sanitation practices and complies with HACCP standards
• Operates a variety of kitchen equipment; Measures and mixes ingredients, washes, peels, cuts and shreds fruits and vegetables
• Stocks, dates, rotates, and checks temperature of product
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
• Requires food preparation skills and knowledge of HACCP standards
• Requires a minimum of 1 year of closely related cooking experience, work experience in high volume and casual dining restaurant environment preferred
• Requires food knowledge pertaining to Soups, Sauté, Broiler, Fry, and Pantry
• Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
• Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
• Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
• Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
• Frequently works with sharp knives, utensils, and hot plates
• Frequently works in hot environment
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)