Posted on Jul. 7, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
QUALIFICATIONS: Demonstrated aptitude for successful performance of the tasks
listed and certification of good health signed by a licensed
REPORTS TO: Kitchen Manager/Principal
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
JOB GOALS: To assist school personnel and students in matters related to meal
service in an efficient, courteous manner.
1. Prepare and serve the food as directed by the supervisor and outlined on the provided
2. Maintain assigned duty schedule as directed by the supervisor.
3. Clean equipment after each meal and store unused food items in the proper manner.
4. Keep the food preparation and food storage areas in a clean, organized and workable
fashion at all times.
5. Lift up to 25 pounds as needed.
6. Inform supervisor or director of food services of any job-related concerns.
7. Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor or his/her designee.
8. Possess the ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in written form, with
administrators, staff and the community as needed.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment will be on an at-will basis for nine-months, beginning with the first day of the work
calendar or at the time of employment for duration of school year with prorated personal leave.
Each employee will be provided a yearly work calendar showing the specific daily work schedule
of the employees. The work calendar may be modified by the Board of Education at any time, as
Six and one-half hours will constitute a workday for secondary school cooks; six hours will
constitute a workday for elementary school cooks. A definite daily schedule will be established
by the Director of Student Nutrition Services and the head cook and approved by the Assistant
Superintendent of Personnel.
The yearly salary will be disbursed in nineteen (19) equal payments or twenty-four (24) equal
payments per employee’s choice.