Posted on Jan. 4, 2018
Starting pay $11/hour
Under the direction of supervisor, prepares and serves hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with the Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
• Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operations.
• Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
• Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely manner.
• Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
• Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
• Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
• Packages all products to proper specifications.
• Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according to proper guidelines.
• Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
• Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
• Sets up and operates kitchen equipment.
• Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet.
• Performs other duties assigned.
Delaware North Companies is an equal opportunity employer utilizing background check/drug screen as part of the pre-employment process.
Education requirementsHigh school education is desired; participation/enrollment in culinary program a plus.
Experience requirementsMinimum of 6 months- 1 year previous experience in back-of-the-house foodservice position preferred but not required
QualificationsManual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
Standing and walking for entire length of shift.
Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting.
Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms.