at Crowne Plaza
Posted on Jul. 17, 2017
Crowne Plaza is hiring
Cook - PM Shift
for Blue Horse Restaurant
At the Crowne Plaza we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success.
To help them, we need you to stay One Step Ahead.
Create confidence by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests pace in all you do.
Encourage success by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
Make it happen by being perceptive to your guests needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
• Responsible for preparation of food for restaurant and/or banquets, ensuring consistent quality for optimum guest satisfaction.
• Support the Crowne Plaza hallmarks and standards.
• Responsible for the setup of all work stations in time for opening of business.
• Prepare and cook food to order or off menu.
• Prepare and cook for banquet functions.
• Ensure cleanliness of kitchen, prep area and equipment. • Responsible for running food to the buffets and running the grill and saute stations.
• Develop working knowledge of every department in kitchen. Maintain cleanliness for work stations, walk-ins and equipment. Responsible for product storage and transport.
• All other duties as required.
• Previous vocational technical training or a culinary degree.
• HS Diploma or equivalent required.
• Generally 2 to 5 years experience in area of responsibility.
• Demonstrate comprehensive working knowledge of cooking practices and methods.
• Readily learns and applies new techniques or methods.
• One must have strong attention to detail, patient, and conscientious.
• Have the ability to follow established procedures and processes very closely.
• Have the ability to make decisions cautiously and by the book.
• Communication is factual, polite, and professional in nature.
• Have the ability to work at a consistent and steady pace for long periods of time.
• One will be subject to wet floors, temperature extremes, and loud noises.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, and carry up to 40 pounds on a regular basis.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time and move from area to area in the kitchen.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Meet with our Hiring Managers in person
on Wednesday, July 19th, 10am-2pm
See apply buttons for exact location
Missed us - Apply online
EOE Drug Free Workplace