Posted on Apr. 17, 2017
New Horizons Food Services a fine dining restaurant located inside Mallard Cove Senior Living is now hiring for a
Provided full-scope, hands on production cooking in the community food and beverage program; responsible for maintaining a superior level of quality, service, and cleanliness at all times; success factors are the combination of skills, attributes, and behaviors that, when applied, produce individual and organizational success.
Essential Job Functions:
• Exemplify at all times company standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and operational organization.
• Exhibit leadership and management standards with all wait/server/buss/utility staff.
• Responsible for adhering to food quality, appearance, and presentation standards at all times.
• Ensure company standards for a full staffed, operational and stocked dining room.
• Exhibit cooking standards of speed, accuracy, and efficiency.
• Knowledge in all areas of serving, preparation and shift organization.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
• From time to time may assist in the performance of other duties as assigned to, but not necessarily limited to, dishwashing including the proper washing, sanitation, and maintenance of pots, pans, sheet pans, cutlery, cutting boards, china, glassware, flatware, and other food service related equipment.
• High school diploma or equivalent in education, training, and experience preferred.
Years of Experience:
• Minimum of one-year restaurant/senior living or equivalent cooking experience.
• Menu presentation, food preparation, production, food delivery systems, utility
• Knowledge in all areas of the local health department, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies.
• Good communication skills both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated passion and mission orientation.
• Good inter-department communication and teamwork skills
• Knowledge of preparation and line production communication to other line/prep/dish person/management staff.
• Typing, word processing, spreadsheet.
1. List tools, equipment, machines, computers and software used on the job:
• Mixers, knives, ovens, steam table, steam kettle, range, grill and assorted kitchen equipment.
2. Physical activities of the position:
• Lifts and carries up to 50lbs occasionally
• Pushes and pulls up to 50lbs occasionally
• Climbs, reaches, bends and twists occasionally
• Talks and listens
• Stand and walks eight hours per day (combined) in an eight-hour day.
• Employee handles food frequently
3. Physical requirements of the job:
• Medium work – exerts up to 50lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs of force frequently, and/or up to 10lbs of force constantly to move objects
4. Visual acuity requirements, including color, depth perception, & field of vision:
• Production ability to operate equipment correctly, determine completion of cooking cycle by visual detection, maintain safe level work lighting standards, detect color coded equipment for identification, read
5. Environmental factors:
• Worker is subject to both environmental conditions – activities occur both inside and outside
• The worker is subject to extreme heat, hazards and other environmental conditions; one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation (oven cleaners)
Apply Today by email, phone or in person