Posted on May. 26, 2017
The Cook is responsible for providing excellent customer service to deli visitors and completing tasks that keep the deli running smoothly.
Deli cooks are asked to complete a wide variety of duties in the kitchen as well as may be asked to help customers at the Deli counter the deli counter. This position will be responsible for much of the cooking in the deli. This position will be responsible for food preparation for the next days orders for caterings, lunch boxes, party trays, salads, desserts, sandwiches and hot food menus.
Must be available evenings and overnight hours as well as weekends.
Key areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Cooking hot deli items to recipe specifications. 2. Assisting customers at the deli counter in making selections and making suggestions as needed.
3. Cook, prepare, package and label products for sale.
4. Safely and efficiently clean and operate all deli equipment.
5. Set up and organize coolers, freezers and preparation areas in advance for deliveries.
6. Assist in monitoring inventory items and keep deli management team informed of items needing to be reordered.
7. Unload incoming shipments of deli items.
8. Keep work areas and overall deli clean and safe for customers and coworkers.
9. Set up hot cases.
10. Know and comply with all health, safety, and sanitation guidelines.
1. A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
2. Must be able to obtain a food handling permit.
3. Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills are requireded due to a high level of customer interaction.
4. Must be able to work well in a team environment.
5. Basic math, reading and writing skills are required.
6. Among other physical requirement listed in a full job description, applicants must be able to repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs. during a shift, walk and stand for long periods, and bend/squat all the way to the floor if needed.
** 1 Year previous experience in commercial cooking is required. **
This position is eligible to participate in 401(k) retirement plans. It also offers a membership to a credit union, vacation and holiday pay, and access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP).