at Terumo BCT
Posted on Sep. 8, 2017
Working under general supervision, provides communication support by developing technical materials for the business areas, product lines and corporate services, directed at external customers and/or internal audiences.
* With guidance from department manager and senior staff members, works with internal customers and various subject matter experts (SMEs) to produce technical content and achieve business objectives that address sales/marketing or technical problems of moderate complexity with guidance from department manager and senior staff members.
* Create content: write new content, make changes/edits to existing content, gather the correct pieces from the content management system (CMS), and apply metadata to content.
* Frequently makes decisions on routine matters, clearing all non-routine issues with department manager or lead project manager.
* Forecasts and meets project deadlines and budgets. Takes the initiative to report on project status; anticipates and alerts manager and internal customers of potential project difficulties.
* Manage all phases of content development projects, including needs assessment, affected deliverables, and timelines, content management & development, review schedules, and release activities.
* Assists in the maintenance of art, photo, and electronic and printed document files to meet departmental and regulatory requirements.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum of 3 years experience in content development.
* Knowledge of the businesses' products and the therapies in which they are used.
* Functional knowledge of industry and regulatory, marketing, linguistic, and publication standards and applies this knowledge to the completion of all projects.
* Ability to collaborate and translate business objectives into tangible technical content for skill development at all levels.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing/editing, graphic design
* Organizing skills and the demonstrated ability for attention to detail.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and comfortably with all levels within the businesses.
* Able to drive for results- seeing projects through completion.
* Technical/Functional skill to operate content management systems, XML, and desktop publishing systems and willingness to learn Arbortext.
* Understand and apply DITA models.
* Ability to work in a team environment .
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.