Posted on Sep. 26, 2017
Health Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
Job site - Fairburn, GA
Competitive Pay & Incentive Packages Available!
Ames Construction, a national heavy civil & design build contractor, is accepting applications for an experienced Construction Dirt/Earth Superintendent to coordinate all earth work activities and supervise all construction personnel ensuring projects are completed safely, successfully, on schedule, and within budget.
Must Complete and Pass Background Check!
Experience requirements - Minimum of 5 years experience in a Superintendent role during Heavy/Highway Civil Construction Projects.
- Experience working on infrastructure projects such as airports, highways, bridges, dams, railroads, & utility structures.
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry, specifications,
building material, methods, & procedures.
- Experience navigating through warehouses & construction sites.
- Work performed in office area/construction jobsite (job site trailer will be located onsite).
- Physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, bending,
reaching, climbing and lifting, etc.
- Exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, moving machinery (those typical of a construction site).
Qualifications - Must possess strong organizational/leadership skills with ability to schedule, monitor & forecast resources for optimum efficiency.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, specifications, and contract requirements.
- Ability to provide explanations, progress reports, concepts, and
processes verbally and in writing.
- Ability to manage many facets of the construction projects and assume responsibility at all times.
- Computer literate.
Responsibilities- Supervise and coordinate all construction activities.
- Work closely with General Superintendent & Project Manager to
ensure project is performed safely, on time, and on budget.
- Work with Project Safety Manager to lead project safety meetings
and on going training.
- Monitor site safety & rectify job site hazards immediately.
- Maintain construction schedule by evaluating and implementing
continuous improvements in the field to optimize schedule and cost
- Maintain an organized and clean job site.
- Assign and monitor members of the project team to various tasks
throughout all phases of the project.
- Order procurement of services and materials to be delivered at
specified times to conform to project schedules.
- Establish & maintain an effective/professional working relationship with Owner, Architects, Consulting Engineers and all other parties.
- Execute additional duties and responsibilities as assigned and/or
required to complete the project.
Fill out the “Quick Apply” Form & select “APPLY NOW.”