Posted on Jan. 30, 2018
JOB SITE: Fairburn, GA
We're looking for Construction Pipe Foreman with at least 3 years of experience in underground utilities including water, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer for our 70 acre improvement of CSX Intermodal Facility, construction project in Fairburn, GA.
Construction Pipe Foreman with crew members is a plus!
Bring Pipe Layers, Laborers, Excavators Operators, Loader Operators, etc.
- Coordinates and supervises construction crew & daily activities.
- Comply & enforce federal, state and company environmental policies.
- Responsible for crew safety
- Studies project specifications with project superintendent
- Plan procedures for pipe installation sequencing
- Laying out pipe routes following specifications
- Coordinating projects and layouts with project superintendent
- Cutting pipes to required lengths and connecting them
- Aligning pipes during pipeline construction for welding or sealing
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements
- Utilize levels and pipe lasers to ensure requirements are met
- Covering pipes with earth or other materials
- Grading and leveling trench bases
- Train construction crew members on pipe-laying techniques
- Perform other general labor and construction related duties as required.
- Develop specific goals, plan, organize and prioritize your work
- Ability to effectively communicate with crew members at all times
- Ability to read construction plans, specifications and other contractual documents
- Ability to schedule material deliveries
- Be proficient in scheduling project work flow with in-house construction crews and subcontractors
Position requires employee to frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, handle objects, reach outward, and reach above head and shoulders, climb, squat, kneel, bend, and occasionally lift /carry/push/pull/move/drag on flat ground or steep slopes up to 50 lbs.
Work is outdoors. Working conditions range from frigid to hot temps, high winds, flying dust, slipping hazards and conditions and frequently exposed to loud noise from heavy equipment and machinery.
- All employees shall commit to Ames Construction team effort driven process by contributing to the safe and successful completion of the work assigned by the Project Management team.
- Valid driver's license issued within the United States clear of multiple and/or major violations.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and motor vehicle records check; a criminal background check will also be conducted.
- Stay in compliance with federal and state laws.
- All hires will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- Must complete required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Please complete "Quick Apply" Form and select "Apply Now"