Posted on Oct. 17, 2016
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
United Tissue Resources is dedicated to meeting the needs for allograft tissue by patients. It is through this dedication that approximately 4,000 tissue grafts are distributed to area hospitals annually for life-saving surgeries and what drives us to provide bereavement support to assist donor families during their first year of grief.
We are seeking a Consent Coordinator to work with families throughout Central Texas in providing information about the option of tissue donation and answering their questions about the donation process.
• Receiving, obtaining and evaluating potential donor information to written criteria and procedures to determine eligibility for tissue donation.
• Making contact with the authorizing person and provide information about tissue donation.
• Performing authorization/notification processes and risk assessment interviews.
• Communicating with shared service partners and involved entities on shared referrals and/or donor cases to facilitate the donation process. This may include medical examiner’s offices, justices of the peace, funeral homes, eye banks, and organ banks.
• Completing required documentation according to written procedures prior to recovery.
• Logistical coordination of donors cases with the surgical recovery team.
• Entering referral and donor case information into department tracking databases.
• Following all federal, industry, and organizational guidelines, protocols, policies, and procedures.
• HS diploma or equivalent and at least 2 years of science or health science background required.
• Prefer Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or Tissue Banking experience.
• Must be able to exercise discretion, as well as empathy, respect, and concern for families in their time of grief. Exhibit professional conduct and demeanor at all times.
• Must have excellent communication skills both verbally and written. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
• Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
• Must be available to work a flexible on-call schedule to include a minimum of twelve, 12-hour shifts per month with variable hours primarily overnight.
Interested in United Tissue Resources, but not this job? Check out our list of other employment opportunities at www.unitedtissueresources.org/careers/ to see how you else you can be a part of our organization.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled