Posted on Aug. 7, 2017
Martin Marietta is seeking Concrete Mixer Drivers for the Little Rock, Arkansas Area. This position is responsible for driving a truck equipped with a concrete mixer and delivering ready mix concrete to job sites.
Operates Ready Mix truck to deliver concrete to various customer sites in a safe and efficient manner adhering to Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
• Prescription Drug
• Health Care Reimbursement Account
• Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
• Wellness Programs
• Employee Assistance Plan
• Paid Holidays and Vacation
• 401(k) with Company matching
• Sickness and Accident – Short-Term Disability
• Optional Long-Term Disability
• Employee Life Insurance
• Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
• Business Travel Accident Insurance
• Direct Deposit Payroll
• Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
• College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
Interested applicants click on apply now!
Experience requirements• One-year experience operating diesel tandem trucks and/or Ready Mix truck driving experience preferred.
Qualifications• Possess a Class B Commercial Drivers’ License (CDL), or better
• Possess a safe driving record
• Maintain an active DOT qualification
Responsibilities• Performs daily preventative maintenance on Mixer truck to include fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection, checking and adding fluids as needed.
• Changes flat tires as needed.
• Uses water hoses to clean mixer between loads.
• Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
• Assists maintenance with repairs as needed.
• Visually inspects the consistency of concrete in mixer.
• Communicates and directs coworkers to jobsites verbally either directly, through two-way radio or hand signals.
• Provides appropriate documentation on delivery tickets.
• Ensures all delivery tickets are signed and returned.
• Exercises good judgment regarding work site access, unloading and operation to and from work site.
• Maintains good customer relations. Acts in a professional, courteous manner.
• Maintains a professional appearance.
• Assists in training of co-workers as needed.
• Demonstrate good knowledge of lock out/tag out procedures.
• Demonstrates a good working knowledge of Rules and Regulations and assures facility compliance with OSHA, DOT, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
• Required to follow all safety policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties, including plant/break room clean up as required.
Skills• Read, write and communicate in English
• Ability to perform well in a TEAM environment
• Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects.
• Demonstrate neck range of motion within normal limits (flexion and extension 60°, lateral flexion 40° and rotation 70°)
• Lift objects of various dimensions and weights.
• Ability to operate hand controls with both hands.
• Ability to operate foot pedals with both feet.
• Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching.
• Ability to use vibration tools, and various hand tools including brooms and shovels.
• Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather.
• Ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels.
• Ability to tolerate working at heights up to 9 feet.