Posted on Sep. 21, 2016
Concrete Finishers Needed
Foxx Construction is a regional provider of construction management services, founded as a subsidiary of d.e. Foxx & Associates, Inc. in 1983. One of our first projects was restoring and revitalizing our headquarters, the Goodall Building, located in Downtown Cincinnati's Empowerment Zone, across from the City of Cincinnati's City Hall. From that beginning, we began providing the schedule, cost and quality oversight for various construction projects throughout Greater Cincinnati.
Foxx Construction has developed specific expertise in managing construction projects related to healthcare facilities and office complex and tower renovations.
Duties for Concrete Finishers:
- Check the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed.
- Set the forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch and depth, and align them.
- Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float.
- Produce rough concrete surface, using a broom.
- Direct the casting of the concrete and supervise laborers who use shovels or special tools to spread it.
- Mix cement, sand, and water to produce concrete, grout, or slurry, using a hoe, trowel, tamper, scraper, or concrete-mixing machine.
- Cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods, and position reinforcing rods to repair concrete, using a power saw and drill.
- High school diploma
- 3+ years of concrete finishing experience
- Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Concrete finishing: 3 years
Foxx Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer